Red quill

Thank you DGC. This video is a great help. Sorry folks DGC meant this post to be on my post in beginners forum.

Those are some great looking red quill ties... More realistic and much better quality than the crap that you would get online or in most shops!!!

I've been messing around with biot bodies for the red quills (male Hendrickson). Definately no where near your level of tying ability, but hopefully it will take a fish or two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 2
3wt7X wrote:
Those are some great looking red quill ties... More realistic and much better quality than the crap that you would get online or in most shops!!!

I've been messing around with biot bodies for the red quills (male Hendrickson). Definately no where near your level of tying ability, but hopefully it will take a fish or two.

Looks nice. I am sure something will gobble it up. Nice job.

GenCon

I'd put them in a shadow box and hang them on the wall. Beautiful!

Thanks Bob.

blueheron wrote:
You tie some sweet flies.

Thanks, they are not really hard to do. Just takes a bit of practice.

GenCon

Excellent ties, GenCon! As fine as any Red Quills I've ever seen (and much, much better than mine!).

I've tied and had success with the emerger tied by 3wt7x, another well tied fly (a lot of talent here). The only difference is that I use snowshoe hare for the wing.

Hooligan wrote:
Excellent ties, GenCon! As fine as any Red Quills I've ever seen (and much, much better than mine!).

I've tied and had success with the emerger tied by 3wt7x, another well tied fly (a lot of talent here). The only difference is that I use snowshoe hare for the wing.

Hooligan, thanks. Many different patterns that work for the same hatch. I was just saying this to my buddy Jack. See 50 people fishing the same hatch and there will probably be 49 different patterns being used.

GenCon

Back