Record High Sunday

F

fisherboy3

With a record high of 68 yesterday in the Poconos, I had to get out.
Fished a stream I have been fishing the last couple of weeks with good success. Midges and Psuedos were around, and saw a couple rises towards the end of the afternoon. Ended up catching 4 holdovers and 1 slob brown. My buddy dave also had 5 or so nice colored up bows. The brown ended up being 21 inches and all buttered up. Fish ate rubberleg stones and small silver beadhead pt's. For December, cant beat it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 6
Nice! GG

Some very nice fish - well done. That brown second from top is a real beaut!

This mild December has indeed been nice so far.

Thanks Fish. I wore a flannel and was really tempted to take it off, but once you got in the water(which was 43 degrees) you had second thoughts.

I wore a cotton shirt this a.m. and was comfortable. I'd brag about one of the fish I caught, but I don't think most of you would believe how big it was anyhow. (No, it wasn't in the 30-inch league, but it was a dandy.)

Anyhow, if streams and their trout could survive summer heat, I think I would advocate for global warming!

Rrt, no pics?
The water temp raised maybe 2 degrees. Couldnt believe that was it for being almost 70 out.

Lmao! Bowman...... How many patterns did he name after himself while you guys fished?

Becker,
Who cares. His patterns catch fish.

Congrats to you guys. Thats some great fish.

GenCon

Sunday was a great day to be out. I went exploring on a wild brown stream on a game lands near me and was able to land a few on top with an adams.

All while wearing a long sleeve t-shirt... Felt like like spring to me. Still plenty of green in the wild as well.

Allan,
I saw a lot of big green leafy plants still living as well. Not skunk cabbage though. Thanks alot GenCon!

that brown is beauty, rubberleg flies always seem to do well in winter - I guess the fish are looking down a lot.

Geebee,
To be honest I do well with that fly. It may sound dumb but that is one fly i can put on with confidence in all the streams I fish. Fro, the Upper Delaware, to the Poconos fish love it. Use a different kind of legs, and it sucks, its all about the movement of the legs.

Hi allen_s is that the Sweet Valley in Luzerne County ? If so I'm not far from you.

nice pics btw

Weather in the Pocono's (and assuming elsewhere) has been great. December dry fly action. Here's a little Pocono brookie that took a royal wulf Monday afternoon. Heading out again today since we got a nice slow rain yesterday.

Attachments

• 20151214_125759.jpg
    20151214_125759.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 3
fisherboy3 wrote:
Geebee,
Use a different kind of legs, and it sucks, its all about the movement of the legs.

I have found the same thing with hoppers, stones and in saltwater crabs. there's something about that orange and black that suggests movement I think.

Not near as warm today but the browns were still hungry on local Pocono Class A stream. Crazy how your best days are when you least expect it.

Attachments

• 20151218_124611.jpg
    20151218_124611.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20151218_142756.jpg
    20151218_142756.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 2
Back