Rainfall

salmo

salmo

Looks like central Pennsylvania missed most of the rain. We received about 1.2 inches yesterday in South Jersey and more coming down most of today.

Based on the current radar, the gauge at Penns and the amount of rain we experienced while fishing yesterday, I'd say they got and will continue to get a good amount of rain from this storm.
Screenshot 20230924 094135 AccuWeather
Screenshot 20230924 094604 Chrome

I was looking at the Pine Creek gauge and they didn’t get much.

That isn't much of a bump for Penns but it looks like they are getting some more. Levels are above average but in general low levels things can go downhill quickly. I think overall Penns has done pretty well this summer. I hope to get up at least once this fall, but that may not happen.

Looks like central Pennsylvania missed most of the rain. We received about 1.2 inches yesterday in South Jersey and more coming down most of today.
We got about the same in SE PA (a little over an in.) They are still forecasting more which we sorely need; Chester Co. was among the worst counties for stream flow. That said we got several small doses of light to moderate rain which is more beneficial that the deluges that were predicted. Hoping that trend continues...

The radar is filling in nicely for Central Pa. Northern tier showing yellow right now!

Dear Board,

The forecast is still calling for 1 to 1 1/2 inches more rain in the Harrisburg area through Monday. It poured rain around here most of the night and it's pouring again now too. As long as it comes over hours and not minutes like it usually seems to do things shouldn't be too bad once the rain event is done.

Here's hoping, I'd like to get a wade fishing trip in on the Susky before it ices over. ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I'm loving it. We are getting a nice slow soaker in SePA. Some of the creeks look slightly off color and full.

Murph, the Main Juniata was very wadable early last evening. View attachment 1641232399
Dear Tom,

I've got the first week of October off work. Hopefully this round of rain isn't followed by a tropical system between now and then. Fingers crossed it all works out! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

State college and really the whole centre county area received about 0.75 inches of rain since sat AM. It =has been been steady and gentle for the most part. I walked along Spring Creek at Benner Springs. The water is up to spring levels and was clear- actually that nice chalky color. On my way home I saw upper Spring was just starting to get a little color. This is the best type of rain

Just looked at Spring Creek in Hershey. Looked very average level and clear! Nice steady light to moderate rain all day with little runoff.

Latest from Chester Co. We had rain off and on most of the day. Some of it was heavy but most was moderate. That said the ground was saturated when we got the heavy stuff so local streams are juiced right now. Total so far is a little over 2 in.

I concur. Live near Valley Creek and I got 4.3 inches in the rain gage.

Muir Army Air Field / Indiantown got 2.4”

Harrisburg Airport got 2.1”

Lancaster Airport got 1.9”

Wilkes-Barre / Scranton International Airport got 3.1”

Mount Pocono, Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport got 3.4”

Lehigh Valley International Airport got 1.3

Blair County Airport got 0.9”

Selinsgrove Penn Valley Airport got 1.4”

Du Bois - Jefferson County Airport got 1.2”

All since 9:00 AM on the 23rd

More rain coming?

Back