Rainbow dubbing

Leteras

Leteras

I have been making some dubbing up what do you guys think of this color? I like it. I need to tie some flies up with it now.

Attachments

• Rainbow dubbing 2.jpg
    Rainbow dubbing 2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
That color looks like it would go well with red fox fur/hair taken right from the hide. I tie a jig nymph with that hide, looks to me to be a good match for an underbody.

I'll have to try that. I was thinking something woven like a crazy looking stone or caddis for steelhead maybe a small shrimp also.

Yea, it would make a good thorax for a halfback. I like your thinking...
When you get something whipped up let's see it.

That's the problem when I get something new to work with I get tons of ideas and have to hit the vise. lol

I hear ya, stay focused :-D

It looks very good. Tie a bunch of dry flies with it.

Light Cahills, parachutes, Stimulators.

What's in it?

Some materials may make it more or less suited to dry fly applications, or especially useful for specific styles.

Its all synthetic so I'm not sure how well it would do in a dry. I had planned on using it in various sub surface flies.

Been wondering if you've ever put some of this on a hook yet?

I will maybe tomorrow and post some pictures. Been really busy with orders for big glow in the dark minnows.

Finally got around to playing with the rainbow dubbing. I made this batch with long fibers so I could use it to tie up some minnow patterns.

Attachments

• rainbow minnow 2.jpg
    rainbow minnow 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
Back