Raft options

These bigger rafts and drift boats are a PITA on smaller streams. And because flyfishermen are so gadget crazy they are showing up in all kinds of places. A canoe or kayak or MAYBE a one person pontoon isn't too bad. If you do not have room to go behind wading fishermen you are being very inconsiderate taking a bigger boat on a trout stream.

Guys: I spoke with the owner of Stealthcraft about the Hooligan. He told me the frame is "aircraft grade aluminum". I just confirmed that on their site.

Side topic: My Flycraft Stealth X should arrive before Labor Day. Opted to skip the $300 3-rod holder in favor of DIY. If anyone is considering this, take into account the cost of materials. Specifically, the cost of pvc conduit (grey, electrical) is CRAZY: $18 per 10' for 1.5" schedule 40. A few years ago it was 1/3 that.

The reason I'm going DIY is so I can have 2 double rod holders facing opposite directions to allow easier access for 2 anglers (fore and aft).

That said, $300 is not out of line compared to other rod holders I found.

I'll be honest with you, even being able to find a raft after this covid stuff is difficult. I don't think NRS has any availability so any company that you can get one from is a plus

Back