Quill Gordon

And:

Paraleptophlebia adoptiva
(This is a mayfly species endemic to North America)
COMMON NAMES: Slate-winged Mahogany Dun.

=========================================================
NYMPH:
Size: 7 - 9 mm.
Num. tails: 3
Tails: tannish olive
Body: medium brown
Wing Cases: black
Legs: tannish olive
Found in water: medium.
Range: East to Midwest.
Lifestyle: crawler

Significant feature is Clinger vs. crawler, which determines shape and legginess. For these, in the right size, any brownish hares ear or pheasant tail will work. If not, please blame me.

afishinado wrote:
Heritage-Angler wrote:
Yes - 800 x 600 is small enough. Take a look at the pictures you posted in this thread - the file size is next to the photo file name.

Last night, the maximum allowable file size was 150 KB. Now, it's back to 1000 KB.

The following file is is 643 KB. Last night, it wouldn't upload - I had to use photobucket to post it. Today, it uploads with no problem.

Somebody's messin' with us. :lol
:

Lol...no messing. Dave R. requested a bump to 1000kb and it bumped it for him (and all) to post pics.

Thanks to all for posting stuff in the forum. We are in the process of figuring a way to sort it all out and put into stickies to use as a reference for all members.

Good stuff!

FYI - The photo size limit has been reset to 150k. It is recommended that photos submitted be downsized by the poster to 450 x 450 pixels at 72dpi. This is necessary to control the file space consumed on the server by the number of photos posted in this forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posters should consider hosting photos on their own server space. I think there are a lot of free possibilities. Use the url for the image. This will reduce the load on the PAFF server.

I have server space with my host ISP (Comcast), but I have seen folks using Flickr and Photobucket.

Here's a QG from Cold Run.

Attachments

• Quill Gordon 3.jpg
    Quill Gordon 3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6
this year am going to my favorite QG stretch for some new photos..

Call me when they start hatching. I'm interested in the Hendricksons too.

Back