quick decent dubbing

mutzinbaugh

mutzinbaugh

anyone like this stuff? was thinking about trying it and thought i would see what you guys think of it.

It's very easy dubbing to work with. IMO they need more available colors though.

This is the most easiest dubbing of all time. This stuff dubs up like no other, BUT it is alumium and is for sinking. I havent really tried it for dries so I guess I'll tie one up and use it tom. when I am off. I will let you know how it goes.

aluminum is a very light material. how much do you really need to dub on tthe hook to make it worth while??

you need alot Norm, I have played with it and while it has nice color and dubs well it just doesn't sink fast like a lead or tungsten wrapped fly. put a small amount of floatant on it and it floats for a time.

I love this stuff and use it a lot on small or thin flies I want to sink.

I use this dubbing on a pattern for the Pocono streams that have a tannic color to them

I use it for the slump buster streamer. Gets down like a rock.

barrs slumpbusters utilize a cone head so i'm guessing that helps to get it down like a rock not only the dubbing

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/details.cfm?parentID=37

not much dubbing on the slumpbuster

Guess I should have said modified slumpbuster. I use the dubbing instead of the braid. Same idea just a little more body.

Back