Quick clinch knot to dry fly for dropper

I haven't tied anything to the bend of a hook in quite a long time. Since I have adopted the Davy Knot for most of my trout fishing needs, I simply tie the dropper to the eye of the dry. I much prefer it. I tie all droppers (double nymphs, dry dropper, etc) to the eyes of the hook and never the bend. The Davy Knot is a must learn, in my opinion.

They way he tied it, I though he could easily tied an improved clinch and had a stronger knot than just the clinch knot.

I've always been a fan of the below method:

Each are excellent ideas.

Great tip, I still attach droppers w clinch but I have incorporated the Davy knot into my repertoire this year and have been well pleased.

They way he tied it, I though he could easily tied an improved clinch and had a stronger knot than just the clinch knot.
Improved clinch knot is no stronger than the regular clinch.

Improved clinch knot is no stronger than the regular clinch.

And if you tie and have confidence in blood knots, remember that a blood knot is nothing but two back to back clinch knots...

A plain old clinch for me for flies & droppers.

Does a dropper tied to the hook bend cause more/less/no difference in snags than a dropper on a long blood knot tag?
(Hook up rates on the upper hook have already been discussed ad nauseum, so only interested in answers to the one question.)
Thanks.

I've used both with no noticeable difference.

One thing that seems to help with tangles is making sure the dropper is heavier than the tippet and opening up your casting loop.

Does a dropper tied to the hook bend cause more/less/no difference in snags than a dropper on a long blood knot tag?
(Hook up rates on the upper hook have already been discussed ad nauseum, so only interested in answers to the one question.)
Thanks.
I feel like there are less tangles in my experience from the hook, then off a tag... however occasionally fishing barbless I'll loose the nymph / dropper, depending on the hook I tie on...

Back