Project Healing Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

During the holiday season I like to take time and reflect on some of the exceptional things I learned about during the year. Project Healing Waters has been one of those special organizations that really stands out. As many of you know Project Healing Waters is a wonderful organization dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and veterans through fly fishing and fly tying education and outings.

Ed Nicholson, President of Healing Waters, as well as hundreds of others have taken time to work with disabled military personal to support and share with them the wonderful sport of fly fishing.

Pennsylvania has led the way in the Mid-Atlantic states with programs from the Hokendaqua Chapter of TU (Allentown), the Stanley Cooper Sr. Chapter of TU (Wilkes-Barre), and the Doc Fritchery Chapter of TU (Harrisburg) to name a few. To find more about this incredible program, or to make a donation, check out the PHW Web Site at:
Project Healing Waters

As through out all of the year, but especially during the holiday, lets all please take time and recognize the great work being done for some very special people.

C
Finally after all these years the govt. has given me something, I had to buy to many of them to balance it out.

A forever license if I can live that long.

Last edited:
salmo
Being from NJ the state rips me off for the cost of a license. I wouldn't mind so much if I fished stocked streams or kept any of my fish. Oh well, maybe I should move across the river.

Salmo

Last edited:
tomgamber
Usually have it by now. Just been too snowy and cold to think realistically of going yet.

Last edited:
PSUFishMenace
Got mine Saturday. already fished without one once on New years day :-o

Last edited:
salvelinusfontinalis
155 votes out of 168 voters buy thier liscense in the first 3 months of the season.

As i said in a previous thread....the PFBC can thank us for the early revenue. :-D

Last edited:
sundrunk
Scratch one of those march votes away, got my license last week...The way this winter is going may not make it out till March though..

Last edited:
tomgamber
I need to push my answer back a month now...I did the online thing a couple years ago and kept getting them wet. Had to print 4...even laminated which you aren't supposed to do ran when wet. I'll just get mine locally again. Eventually.

Last edited:
jayL
Tom,

Put them in a regular old license holder. Works for me.

Last edited:
mute
I dont buy one, i just take my chances.

Last edited:
tomgamber
I voted January but I just bought it on March 1st....ugh.

Last edited:
wgmiller
Who could forget the early days of the internet? Dialing up on a 14.4 modem and god forbid anyone wanted to use the phone during that time. The article was a nice reflection back on the beginning days of paflyfish.com, but it also generated memories my early internet memories. The mid 90's weren't that long ago in the overall scheme of things, but relative to technology they sure seem like it!

Last edited:
greenghost
Dave,
Thanks for the memories. I've been around since day one. (I was one of those two people the first month.) Looking at the wayback, it's no surprise I was posting on the Yough even back then... :lol:

Like a father, you probably have conceived and gave birth to something that has grown to exceed anything you could have initially imagined. The only regret I have about my involvement is not attending a Jam yet. Underscore yet. Thanks again for everything.

Greenghost
aka Paul Schrec
aka Schrec

Last edited:
JackM
It's been a wild ride. I think I may have joined in about 2000: a troll that never went away. Thanks for many great years, great memories, great friends and great information.

Last edited:
JF_
It's been amazing being part of this site...I was here back in the early days and it's been a positive influence in so many ways, and still is. Thank you Dave...

Last edited:
tocar
Dave, many thanks to you and your Macintosh for giving birth to this wonderful forum. A thank you also to our mods, Maurice, Pad, Jack, afish, and Fishidiot. They have done an exceptional job that is often times underappriciated. And of course thanks to all the members who have given freely of their knowledge to be passed down to the next generation. Over the years I have learned much here, and have met some good people. Here's to another 15 years. Cheers!

peace-tony c.

Last edited:
PaulG
Oh yeah, I remember those first begaining, all the down tiime and hoping it would be fixed, so I could get back on. Now I think about those times and see how much this site has grownI can believe how many people I have meet and fish with and the many friends I have made, That has been the best part of this site for me.
The other thing are the Jams, from the first to the last, so many fun times!

Thanks Dave and everyone, it's been a great ride!

PaulG

Last edited:
albatross
I'm a relative newcomer having joined in the summer of 2006. PaFlyFish has taught me much and allowed me to meet many wonderful people. Most of my "fishing buddies" were met through PaFlyFish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back