Precision Fly and Tackle - Lancaster PA

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

Just wanted to shout out to these guys.

I guess they started up just before Covid hit but are open.
I spent all afternoon being the guy to go get supplies.
Passing by it i decided to stop in and just see if they had the one item Iam looking for at a reasonable price.
My expectations were low only because i was looking for a wooden long handle large hoop net for big fish. I needed a new one. Call me old fashioned but i like wood nets.
Nice custom ones are too pricey.
Cheap ones look cheap and you still get killed on shipping.

Walked in saw one right away, figured yeah right how much,

54 bucks i think.
Yep sold.
Classy looking wood net to boot.

The service was top notch but i was so run down from being up since 3am working and then errands that i cant remember the gentlemans name that helped me. Sorry. You were cool too.

Ill be back Justin! Great shop you started.
Support the local guys.

Nothing like being able to see and handle merchandise.

Thanks Again!

https://precisionflyandtackle.com/

(Net not online i was told. Shipping is too much. See i tell ya.)

Good to hear and thanks for the report.

I got an email from them last week saying the store for inside shopping was closed. How did you get in? Have the rules changed recently? I no longer watch Covid-19 reports on TV.

?*shrugs*?

Not being sarcastic. I just parked the car and walked in :lol:

Rules may have changed.
Should check it out they are expanding and getting more in.

I will check them out when retail reopens since it is very close. Most of their inventory online has “out of stock” messages. Drove by their Mt. Holly store on Saturday. It was closed.

Is this the location of the Evening Rise shop? Precision has a note on the Evening Rise blog about opening in February - just curious what, if any, affiliation they have, or perhaps it's location only...

One of the managers is the former owner of The Evening Rise. This shop is next door to the old one.

Thanks for the post. I live close by too.

I have been to their location in Mt Holly Springs and have purchased both in person and online (waiting for a delivery now). TCO is closer in Boiling Springs, but I like Precision a lot and they have good selection and customer service. I am a fan.

:lol: reading your comments makes me wonder if he accidentally left the door open and i just walked in and grabbed a net :lol:

Pretty sure it had an open sign lit up though.

Wow. I am surprised because they are definitely not an essential business. I'm pretty sure they haven't let them open yet. They very well might be in violation. Other places seem to be doing curbside

larkmark wrote:
Wow. I am surprised because they are definitely not an essential business. I'm pretty sure they haven't let them open yet. They very well might be in violation. Other places seem to be doing curbside

According to their website, both locations are open only for shipping and curbside pickup >

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Curbside Pickup is available at the Mount Holly and Lancaster locations for all website and call-in orders.
ALL WEBSITE ORDERS SHIP FOR FREE. Thank you for your support, understanding and patience!

Link to source: https://precisionflyandtackle.com/

As Sal posted above, I guess he just happened to walk up and the door was not locked.

Hopefully all fly shops will be allowed to open soon.

Likely now.

I drove past and saw the sign on. He likely just turned everything on and forgot to lock the door and then i walked up. Rather than kick me out the guy was cool. Now knowing this they just made a customer for life.

As they say no good deed goes unpunished.
I recommend the site take this one down before it turns into WWII and citizens are turning themselves in.

Just want to let everyone know the good affordable service i got.
Now i see it was stellar instead.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Likely now.

I drove past and saw the sign on. He likely just turned everything on and forgot to lock the door and then i walked up. Rather than kick me out the guy was cool. Now knowing this they just made a customer for life.

As they say no good deed goes unpunished.
I recommend the site take this one down before it turns into WWII and citizens are turning themselves in.

Just want to let everyone know the good affordable service i got.
Now i see it was stellar instead.

No problem seen here.

In this case everyone did (and is doing) things right.

Enjoy your net, hopefully you fill it up with many big (potamodromous) fish. :)

Fair Enough.

Ha! This on was mostly for carp and smallmouth in the Susquehanna. The long handle and hoop really help.
That current can kill you if you got to get them close. Especially with a long fly rod 11' or more.

I should say if i can ever fish it!

Back