Potter and Tioga next week

I

InvictusManeo

was wondering if anyone knows how things are fishing up in potter and tioga right now? we're headed there this weekend for the week. I was hoping to find out whats coming off or if anyone wanted to suggest a stream in the area. we fish the pine and kettle but I think we're looking for some new water. if anyone from the area wants to meet up while I'm up there shoot me an email. it would be welcomed.

thanks
Derek

We had our jamboree in Tioga last weekend. Check one of the numerous jamboree threads for likely hatches and reports. The water levels were low, but that last dose of rain should do some good.

Both braches of Oswayo, Upper Allegany, FF & EF of Sinnemahoning, Freeman Run, South Woods, Big Moores, Bailey are all very low. We did get some rain this week, but nothing to improve the water level. The trout are all bunched up and spooked easily. Birds and coons are finding fishing easy in Potter right now, but the angler's are not.

Green drakes are few and far between. Having some luck with a #10 Coffin, #12 dark Hendrickson, #12 or #14 irresistible Adams and #16 light Cahill. All in the evening....haven't been out in the mornings at all.

Fished Pine Creek, West Branch of Pine Creek, and Long Run from noon on Monday, 6/4 to noon on Wednesday, 6/6. Big thunderstorms Monday night and Tuesday morning kept the big creek muddy until late Tuesday evening. Still, had decent fishing Monday evening right before the rain--landed a nice 16 inch rainbow just as the storm hit on Monday evening at 8:00 below Sylvan Glen--there are lots of fish in that stretch yet. Caught natives on Tuesday afternoon and evening in Long Run and in Pine Creek above Galeton. West Branch and Lyman Run were really muddy, but expect they're clear by now. About 3 inches of rain from Sunday to Tuesday brought creeks up to normal levels, but expect they might run off quickly. Various brown flies in size 12 seem to do the trick--also nymphs under dry flies for the natives.

fishing here is good right now, iso's, yellow drakes, caddis..bring some lighning bugs along the brookies are going nuts for them...caught over 50 on stream alone... :-D

Back