Potamodromous

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

49799199128_c314155c01_b.jpg

Jesus man...Just when I think you can't outdo yourself, you post this.

She is a looker. I love chasing them. And by chasing, I mean simply locating them in places they "dont belong" in the same general time frame depending on conditions. There are many more than most folks realize.

Awesome fish! What kind of flies are your throwing for fish like these? I’ve recently been throwing some bigger streamers is stained water even clear water and the size of the fish I’ve caught and moved have me amazed me. The mini drunk and disorderly has really proved itself for me.

No doubt fishhead.

Marq,

I generally chuck 3-5" articulated streamers.

Biggie

Nicely done. You continue to impress!

Nice fish.GG

On the topic of migrating trout. I follow a group of anglers in New Jersey that fish what I assume are north jersey streams and they put up some impressive fish. I believe they are coming out of the Delaware river into the smaller tributaries. I keep telling myself one day I’ll do do some exploring in those streams to see for myself.

Marq,
Interesting. I have heard those rumors but they were sea run brown trout not freshwater.

Dang dude!!

Cheers to that!
:pint:

Wow! I thought you were joking about the 25 incher.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Marq,
Interesting. I have heard those rumors but they were sea run brown trout not freshwater.

Probably the Manasquan, I remembered reading about it here years ago and dug up the thread.

And then one about the Delaware, to balance things out.

That first link lead me to another that took me to another. Thanks

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/crunbrn02.htm

Looks like it it some success but i read they ended in 2013.
Dont know if it started back up or if they are still there.
If i lived there i would try some.

A 13 pound brown?
Nice.

Look at that tail! Kudos, hopefully that fish helps break any “blues” you may be having.

Back