Possible new regs..

Fly-Swatter wrote:
I would add streams within glaciated areas, depending on the specifics. For example, when Ivan came through, Hickory Run between the dam/bridge and the church pool looked like a bulldozer came through the stream bed. The hillside was laid bare on the left (looking downstream). It was ugly.

Prior, I could count on a good number of brookies there. After, nada.

Granted, this was a "hundred year flood". But we seem to get a few of those a decade now.

Flyswatter I included the glaciated region in my initial comment on this topic. The glaciated portion of the northern tier and nepa behaves much the same. My stated fear/ concern is that if a particular watershed or region gets 100yr type storm events in consecutive years in the late fall, early winter time period it could have a significant effect on trout populations or at least delay their recovery. Susquehanna University has data to support this observation from work in the Loyalsock Drainage. The response to floods outside of spawning season saw trout populations respond more rapidly than floods ocuring late fall.

Back