Pocono Browns and Brookies

salmo

salmo

On Thursday I met up with Silent Ocelot for a trip to a class A stream in the Pocs. We left King Of Prussia at 5:30 AM. We arrived at the parking lot at dawn. NO CARS IN THE LOT! That was our plan. We hustled down to the run and started fishing. The stream had perfect flow and clear as glass. The air temps were in the 70’s. The fish were willing and Silent landed 2 before I wet a fly. We fished dry dropper. After fishing for an hour another fishermen went booking upstream. We figured that he would fish above and put all of the fish down. Not so, the fish remained active.
We took a break for lunch of Primo Italian hoagies. We decided to hike way up on the run to the brookie section. The brookies were quite active. Most of the fish were taken on a small nymph with perdigon and Czech style nymphs being the most productive.
Man can Silent catch fish. Total length of the stream fished 2.5 miles up. 30 plus fish between us.
Thanks to Silent Ocelot for putting up with this old man for a whole day. We need to do it again. The attached are the fish of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_8441.jpeg
    IMG_8441.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8443.jpeg
    IMG_8443.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 100
Thanks again for having me out @salmo! It was a solid trip, probably the most fun I've had on the water this year, and I just did a salmon trip a few weeks back. This small stream and close quarters style fishing is the fishing I enjoy the most. I love fishing big bushy dries. Seems to be the only time I fish dries like that. It was a very scenic trip with the trees shedding their leaves. Overall just a beautiful day to be on the water with a cool new friend I just made. I didn't even mind that one guy that skirted past us. If anything the fishing got better when we started fishing the areas he had. I now suspect it was because he was fishing dry only and only stuck a pitiful 6 fish that our fishing onslaught continued on. I was really taken aback by the size and quality of the fish caught.

Back