Pocono Advice

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

My buddy who has only FF 3 times (twice with me) is going up to his girlfriends pocono home in Canadensis Pa. I told him I want to meet him Sunday AM and get him on some fish. His first experience on the fly rod was with me and he loved it. His 3rd was experience was also with me & was not good. I took him brookie fishing right near Tannersville. A duck sent us on our way for a 1hr hike to get to the fish and we got hammered with mosquito's (had a thread in beginner section abt it summer). By the time we hit the spot we fished for abt 15 mins but he (and I) just couldn't take the bites any longer. He hasn't gone out (FF) since.

He loves the outdoors, hiking, etc and I am committed to get him back into the spirit of things. Looking for recommendations from Canadensis Southward, either brookie, wild, stocked .. where ever u gents think the fish will be.

Any and all help is appreciated

Broadhead creek in stroudsburg. Pocono creek is another choice also. I would recommend broadhead for his situation. There is a nice park off of rte 191 near where it meets 447. I believe it was stocked last month as well.

Another creek I forgot to mention is the bushkill.

PM Sent

Thanks Dcap and Thanks Becks .. PM back

///On a side note .. is it me or does anyone else not like the new google maps? I always revert back to classic maps

for the life of me, i can't figure out how to turn on topo maps now. which sucks because it's a pretty useful tool.

download google earth maybe?

Try AcmeMapper.

wsender wrote:
for the life of me, i can't figure out how to turn on topo maps now. which sucks because it's a pretty useful tool.

download google earth maybe?

Google, in their infinite wisdom (they know best what you want), removed Terrain view in the new release of Google Maps, both on the web and in the smartphone app. You need to goto Classic view to use it, or utilize a different mapping app that uses the Google Maps API (where Terrain view is still available as a layer). I understand Google wanting to push their users to their services (more $$$), and code getting old and moldy and needing to be rewritten from scratch, but the Terrain view is simply a layer - it should not be difficult to re-enable it from a coding standpoint.

Troutbert's suggestion is what I use in a browser:

http://mapper.acme.com

Oruxmaps (with an old version of the mapsource XML file) is what I use to get cached Google Terrain view maps on my phone.

Another PM sent. Likely with duplicate info.

There are a good number of streams up there, but I suspect others have them covered.

Thanks for info gents .. did some research and the spots look good. Any difficult wading? I ask that cause my back has been annoying me for 2+ months and all my wading this fall has been more on the simple side ..

Back