PM's?

Fo the last week or so I have been getting a 503 Service Unavailable error message when trying to access my inbox. Anybody else getting this and/or know the fix?

Dave, mine is working, but someone is encountering this error with their account, see moved thread of GreenWeenie below.

Merged that thread, which now has Greenweenies question at the post above.

I ran CCleaner, which wipes out all cookies, history, etc., rebooted my PC and still get the same 503 Service Unavailable error message. I logged on using a different PC and IP address and still got the same message.

Thanks Jack, I wasn't logged in when I first checked back for any replies and as I discovered, you need to be logged in for this forum to appear.

Tried several different machines using Google Chrome and Firefox and continue to get the same 503 Service Unavailable error.

GreenWeenie,

Thanks for the details. I can't see this problem so details help. I have tried to make some changes. Do you have any better access now?

Dave

Dave, Vista running IE9, my inbox link works and takes me to page 1 of 2 pages of PMs in my inbox. The first page displays correctly upon multiple entrances to the inbox from the site.

I can then click each and every PM showing in the page 1 index and read it without error.

I can navigate to both outbox and savebox.

Returning to display of inbox, page 1 of 2, if I use the link for "(2)" to jump to page 2, I get the 503. If I use the ">>" to try to advance to page 2, I get the 503. However, if I open the last post on page 1 and then use the "previous" and "next" links, I can navigate one by one in the message viewing mode, but at some point, the attempt to go farther in results in 503.

I tried logging in from home last night on a MAC and the same thing happened, I click the inbox link and I get the 503 error message. I can navigate the other links (edit account, user profile, etc.) but cannot access my inbox.

I did visit the Litespeed website and made a posting for help but have not received any replies. There are, however, multiple postings on the litespeed forum about similar 500/503 error problems but I think those postings have to do more with problems experienced by the web host. I could be wrong but it looks like Litespeed issued some sort of update in the middle of December and this update somehow changed settings on the host server. I do not know what else to do to fix this problem.

I have cleared everything from my PC, rebooted and get the same results.

This is the error message I get when I click the inbox. The only link is the LiteSpeed Web Server which takes you to their main website.

503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered By LiteSpeed Web ServerLiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Someone from Litespeed replied to my posting on their website about this error.

if 503 is consistent, it is likely server has issue running the script (like php) that handled your request. it could be configuration issue or missing needed module, etc. have your host check server log (i.e. error log, etc) to see any details.

I still cannot access my inbox and continue to get the same error message.

I'd agree with what that poster said.

Smells like a PHP bug to me, probably due to some kind of funky data in your account.

Still can't access inbox

GW, shoot me your email in a pm.

Just a heads up Dave, I'm getting the same message when I attempt to access my Outbox. Outbox only. Inbox and Saved Box are ok.

Swattie87 wrote:
Just a heads up Dave, I'm getting the same message when I attempt to access my Outbox. Outbox only. Inbox and Saved Box are ok.

Hrm - I have been unable to access my Inbox, which was showing 2 new PMs. You are unable to access your Outbox. I took a look at the Xoops code and figured out that I could use readpmsg.php in the URL to get at the PMs (or at least the first PM). And that PM was from you, with a note that the previous message you tried to send generated an error. So is that the one that is stuck somewhere between my Inbox and your Outbox?

readpmsg.php just showed me the most recent message. All other attempts to invoke that URL, with a different msg_id as a parameter, or viewpmsg.php with any parameters are still generating 503 errors.

See if this url gets you to your most recently received PM:

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/pm/readpmsg.php?start=0

If so, you can then alter the "start=0" to "start=1" and so on. This can probably be a workaround while the fix is being found. You may begin to encounter 503 Failure using this method, but as mentioned, it is helping me see the most recent few anyhow.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

JackM wrote:
See if this url gets you to your most recently received PM:

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/pm/readpmsg.php?start=0

If so, you can then alter the "start=0" to "start=1" and so on. This can probably be a workaround while the fix is being found. You may begin to encounter 503 Failure using this method, but as mentioned, it is helping me see the most recent few anyhow.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/pm/readpmsg.php?start=1 does work.

salmonoid wrote:
Hrm - I have been unable to access my Inbox, which was showing 2 new PMs. You are unable to access your Outbox. I took a look at the Xoops code and figured out that I could use readpmsg.php in the URL to get at the PMs (or at least the first PM). And that PM was from you, with a note that the previous message you tried to send generated an error. So is that the one that is stuck somewhere between my Inbox and your Outbox?

readpmsg.php just showed me the most recent message. All other attempts to invoke that URL, with a different msg_id as a parameter, or viewpmsg.php with any parameters are still generating 503 errors.

Sorry Salmonoid, didn't see your post until now. The other one could have been from me as well, as I did send you two. I still can't access my outbox to be sure it sent to you though. I can access my inbox, but I haven't got any new messages (that I can see anyway) since the issue with the outbox showed up. If you sent a response, I didn't get it.

Back