PM feature not working?

jayL

jayL

I've been unable to send PMs for a day now. Anyone else seeing this?

It says something like:

Error

Go Back (a link to go back to the compose screen)

Jay, is it possible you have too many messages stored on the server? Try deleting some.

I just sent you a PM and it seemed to work on my end.

Yeah. I can get em. I just can't send them.

I also can't delete old messages. I suspect there are issues with Firefox 3 om the site, as I recently upgraded. I'll try it in an older version.

I reverted to 2. The site definitely renders slower, but the PMs work again. Probably a cookie handling issue that they've yet to fix on the new release.

I have been looking into this further and I can't repeat it on PaFlyFish. I have several other sites that are not working the same with FireFox 3. So I know you are using FF2 to get around the issue, but I really think something got broken with the latest FF3 update.

I will keep looking to see what I can find.

Dave

I'm using firefox...I don;t seem to be having a problem.

Tom

I think Jay ran into some problems with a newer version of FF. He seemed to get around it for now. I have not seen any problems with FF3 for me here. I have seen some issues on some other sites once I updated to 3.0.4 for my Mac.

I have not made any updates since late summer. So I don't think it was anything on my end. since I changed over to the new severs things seem to be going pretty well.

There are some small updates I planning over the next few weeks. More security related and most existing users will not see anything.

Dave

Still not sure what happened.

In all honesty, I was drunk when I installed it, and then I was messing around with virus scanner stuff. I very well could have corrupted my cookies somehow. It works on FF3 on my other computer.

Jay,

I have been in the computers and software development since I was a kid back in the late 70's. I have been involved with technology support in all kinds of major projects with large school systems, stock trading floors, 911 centers, and law firms. That is the most refreshing answer I ever heard. Loved it!!

Dave

Back