PLEASE READ - New Site Issues and Questions for January 2022

Maybe we need an Unlike button like Facebook or no Like button at all, because people do change their minds, even after 15 minutes.

Nice job on the forum Dave. After correcting a log in issue, I am now good to go.

Dave,

I tried out the conversation/ messaging function. When getting a reply, I received an email notification that appears to be from you (dkile@paflyfish.com). I like the idea of email notification, but is there anyway to set it up so it doesn't appear like the notifications come from your personal account? This could be confusing, especially for non tech savvy folks.

Maybe we need an Unlike button like Facebook or no Like button at all, because people do change their minds, even after 15 minutes.
I sort of agree. I know that on other sites with the "like" and "reply" buttons right next to each other, I've accidentally hit "like" more than once.

Dave,

I tried out the conversation/ messaging function. When getting a reply, I received an email notification that appears to be from you (dkile@paflyfish.com). I like the idea of email notification, but is there anyway to set it up so it doesn't appear like the notifications come from your personal account? This could be confusing, especially for non tech savvy folks.
I'm not sure that can be adjusted. I'm pretty sure all emails from the forum would have to come from xxx@paflyfish.com and for right now that is me. There is no way I can set it up that the notice comes from outside of my domain since I don't manage other people's emails.

Certainly, I will look into this, but not very hopeful I can control the site management of email from anything other than paflyfish.com domains.

Last edited:
Many issues with extended editing options. We can talk about hours and minutes, but likely won't go with days or weeks.
I think one day would be very reasonable, not 30 mins, or whatever short time period it is now.

Last edited:
I think, if possible, editing should be disallowed if there have been any replies, or if allowed, there should be a "warning" that the post has been edited.

I think you should make the sort on the thread like it was on the old board, new to old. I don’t want to see what someone posted last year just because someone post on that thread today.

I think, if possible, editing should be disallowed if there have been any replies, or if allowed, there should be a "warning" that the post has been edited.
It does show when a post has been edited. But, for whatever reason it doesn't show immediately.

(Edit Test) Dave Kle

Last edited by a moderator:
Back