Please Read | Guidelines, Politics and Civility September 24 Communication

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
About every four years in the fall, things on the site seem to get a little amped up. This cycle is no different.

The short version of the message is: Everyone, please review the site guidelines about conduct and permissible posting on the site. Basically, no political posting and don't be a jerk.

The longer version: Several years ago, we had to stop all political conversations. The reason was that they all devolved into arguments, then name-calling and personal attacks. The threads were culled, and then the moderators had to jump in and fix things. We have reached a point where fixing things is no longer something we really have time for or want to take on at the level we did.

More specifically, what I mean is that this is a private forum. Everyone is invited here to participate, provided they follow the guidelines. The focus of this site is fly fishing, not knitting, hang gliding, or politics. You are asked to treat everyone here with civility and refrain from personal attacks. Just because you are on the Internet, it does not give you permission to do whatever you want on the site.

If these don't seem like rules you want to follow, then this is probably not the best fit for you. I would like to have as many people enjoy the place as possible, but we are not going to be some sort of Road House. I know this may bother some people, but those are the rules.

My suggestion is if you think a specific response to someone is borderline or too edgy, it probably is, so don't post it. Please don't try and find the edge of what is right and wrong on the site.

Finally, listen to the moderators. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a direct message.

Again, the guidelines are here Paflyfish Site Guidelines.

Back