Please pray for Shamokin-Selinsgrove

Acristickid

Acristickid

Please explain?

What in God’s green earth is going on with that debacle of routes 15 and 11 ? Not to mention how dangerous sections of it were. I hope it’s another road being rerouted temporarily on to these cause I would move if that traffic is like that everyday.

Miles of traffic in this area , which seemingly in the middle of nowhere. I sat for a long time in miles of traffic scoping out smallmouth spots.

Yeah, it’s bad. I went to college in Selinsgrove (12 years ago now), and it’s gotten wayyyy worse since. More commercial development along 11/15. If you make a right at Sheetz when northbound you can bypass it on a back road (Old Trail) that runs parallel just to the east. Turn back on to 11/15 at 8th Ave.

They’re working on a full highway bypass of that area from Selinsgrove all the way to I80. You can see the work being done to grade it on the way to Lewisburg. Be nice when that’s done. Should shave a good 20 or 30 minutes off the drive to Potter/Tioga.

Long overdue to get a bypass around that area. Hope the project goes smoothly.

I hope it's completed soon! I can get to my camp now in 3.5hrs since moving to the western side of Lanc. county. Saving me another 20-30 minutes would be AWESOME.

Good to know. That area is hard to get to from the west at least.

Also if heading to the area from (Penns Valley) Rt 45 there is a detour for bridge work. FYI it states on several sets of signs that the closure is for trucks over 10,000 but behold the entire bridge is closed. Detour along Pine Creek Rd.

The bypass will be awesome when it’s done!!!

The big hold up in shamokin dam right now is rt. 11 being closed heading east to Northumberland. Has to do with the work being done in Northumberland not specific to the bypass project. This should only be short term, but does suck lol.

I worked on the archaeology field surveys & mitigation for the route 11/15 expansion from Selins Grove south (I don't remember exactly how far south of S.G.) in 1998. Is that road not fully built yet?

Just got started in the last year D-nymph. The project was delayed to the discovery of flyash and other issues. The bridge crossing the west branch is quite impressive to watch the progress on.

Wow! Thanks for the info. It's not a road that I often travel to places I'm fishing/traveling/etc. I had assumed it was built years ago.

The bypass of Selinsgrove to the south is built. What we’re talking about is north of Selinsgrove...Shamokin Dam to I80.

Yea, ok, Swattie. That makes more sense to me. Roads take a long time to build but 20 years seemed extreme for any road not named "Mon-Fayette Expressway".

Back