Pine Creek Trip

gfoledc

gfoledc

I just returned from a 5 day trip to Pine Creek area (Blackwell). Pine was to warm to fish for trout, air temp to hot except for early morning late evening. Did ok on Slate and Cedar and quite well on some of the remote brookie streams including one 11" (measured) beauty.
The highlight of the trip was the 2 stops at Big Meadow Fly Shop. Sandfly is very helpful, knowledgeable and extremely entertaining. A must do when you are in the area.

Sounds like a great trip.

Nice. The small streams up there are simply phenomenal this year. I was up in early June. It was by far the best week of fishing I've had in recent memory!

Re: Pine Creek Trip by The_Sasquatch on 2013/7/19 6:56:31 Nice. The small streams up there are simply phenomenal this year. I was up in early June. It was by far the best week of fishing I've had in recent memory!

I fished Pine Creek tribs in June this year also. Best conditions I've seen for early summer in 8 or 9 years.

And streams look like they will be great all summer except for Big Pine. Although if we keep getting rain & the air temps drop at night into the mid to high 50's fish could drop back into Pine by fall.

The state should dam up Marsh Creek at Bob's house & make it a bottom release . Sorry Bob you'll have to move. :)

why dam it all the fish run up its colder than pine with all those class "A"s feeding it. should add to the galeton dam and make it bottom release along with clearing out all those hillbillys that live there.
sorry Brad

Side story, I have been going to that area since I was 12 years old(1961) never saw a rattlesnake. Saw 3 this trip but I have never been there in July before.

I don't know what's more dangerous. Rattlesnakes or going to Bob's shop.

Yea, there pretty close. But Bob is relatively harmless, unless you pull up in a frack truck! :D

Back