Pine Creek, floating

Buckspa,

Sent you a PM.

KELORGO

I have maps of where to launch here and can help out with conditions what going on and advise. My shop is across from the ansonia launch. (big meadows launch)

Kelorgo...responded to your PM.

Sandfly, thank you. I/we will see you on May 20...as long as the earth is still spinning on its axis.

Are we talking floating in Drift boats or rafts/canoes/kayaks? Is it do-able in a drift boat?

drift boats would be near impossible other than in high flows unless you just used in some of the long deep pools. Its not uncommon to see people rowing small john boats out in some of those holes. Rafts would be preferable for any float of distance.

Floated it many, many times in my younger days. Top to bottom, Susquehanna River. Sea Eagle, Bon=air rafts used. Canoe, innertubes, and walked it.

2 day trips were fun. Problem is too much gear for 2 days. Myself and friend liked breakfast, lunch and dinner! Cold drinks, 2 poles each, tackle boxes, vests, coats and you name it.

Therefore, tent, sleeping bags left behind. Slept on ground. Fun!

One time, rained at night. What a mess, no fun. Try sleeping on the ground when it is raining. Not much sleep.

The fellows gave you wonderful ideas in posts for a life remembering experience. Take the advice and DO IT.

Changes in laws, might mean, life jackets and boat registration. You may consider looking into this.

Back