pic test

GenCon

GenCon

Hi Guys, just trying to load some pics. I have never done this before. I have been getting some guidence from RCfetter.
Lets see how it goes.

Gencon

Golden Stonefly

a3232d94-4a37-491b-a347-4e4f6a95e285_zps187dc158.jpg
[/url][/img]

OK, now I see all that I am getting is the data about the pic. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

gencon

Ok so I got the pic in. But when I click on it to expand it, it takes me to my photo buck page. How do I stop that?

Thanks,

gencon

You don't stop it. If you link in from an outside site like photobucket, then the picture is a link to that site.

In photobucket, you can however make albums private. So for instance half my albums are public, half are private. When you link in, you can see only the ones I deem public.

I've also gotten a little careful with the naming of my albums. For a while I used the stream name. And then I'd post pics of fish without saying the location, but low and behold, if you clicked on the pic it took you to an album named _____ Creek, lol. Now I just use dates.

The other option is to just attach the picture. Do the full "reply" by hitting the blue button, instead of the quick reply at the bottom. Then at the bottom you can browse for a file and attach it. If it's a photo, it shows up just fine. The problem with this approach is that the file size has to be under 1000k, and in jpg format. You can switch formats with MSPaint, just open it in paint and save it as a jpg. Check file size. And many of the photo programs allow you to resize pics, even the cheap windows based ones. You don't need photoshop or anything that fancy just to do that.

Edit: The attach feature allows gif format as well, but they are generally much larger than a jpg.

ok, I thinkl I got it

Attachments

• P1010342.JPG
    P1010342.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
Just a test

Attachments

• 7363e054-cf76-4e5f-87f9-59e4a9b7f8ed_zps6d7677af.jpg
    7363e054-cf76-4e5f-87f9-59e4a9b7f8ed_zps6d7677af.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
Your code appears to not have a pic file at the end of it. It should have .jpg at the end before the closing [/img]

MuJ5vziGf8

I am betting the prefix with its punctuation :)) is messing things up.

Photobucket pic test...

glad to see that you got the hang of posting a pic so that we can share some of experrences this year

test

Attachments

• last.jpg
    last.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/curbappeal83/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140919_143819114_zpslmgdldjl.jpg

Can anyone explain why the link is showing but not a pic? I tried searching but can't find any info on here about how to upload pics.

Back