Photos of your favorite stocker flies

ratgunner

ratgunner

Let's see them :)
I can't figure how to post pictures from my phone yet,but I like red weenies with bead heads. Looking for ideas.

I tied an egg sucking green san ween one time....

black bugger w/ grizzly hackle
greenie weenie
honeybug inchworm
foam mini-hopper

that's the only 4 flies you need.

stockiekiller.jpg

stockiekillers_zpsd3dcd436.jpg

Resampled952012-06-069523-19-4495484.jpg

Nice beadheads and buggers there. I gotta tie some of them and some red and green weenies.

Heres the wool pouch caught many of trout this week on all these flies.

BCD9A73A-7577-4882-B6E5-A0FA7B8EE74D-1986-0000026035C6A8AA.jpg

heres the box: all these flies work, in the progress of filling it back up after this weeks losses.

20525E0E-4144-4C9D-B066-8F343BAB4200-1986-000002602993A3D5.jpg

After seeing all the pink and red Power Bait and salmon eggs as well as the chartreuse and orange rooster tails and trout magnets, I find something that looks natural; like some sort of bug, minnow or other aquatic creature, often works very well for both stocked or wild fish.

afishinado wrote:
After seeing all the pink and red Power Bait and salmon eggs as well as the chartreuse and orange rooster tails and trout magnets, I find something that looks natural; like some sort of bug, minnow or other aquatic creature, often works very well for both stocked or wild fish.

This thread has no room for logic.

I tested this theory last night. Went to the EB of the Brandywine after work to a notorious meat hunter spot in the open water. I followed worm dunkers and spinner guys thru the stretch with a Big BHPT on point and a smaller unweighted GRHE on the dropper. I saw one guy walk out with one on a stringer. I caught 5 alone in one run that was fished over. Probably 8 or so overall in the short time I hit that stretch.

Myth confirmed

You have to remember some of the stocking was done well in advance of the season, at least in the Southeast. I went out late afternoon Opening Day) on a fished over pool in popular Ridley Park, and landed at least a doz. on a tan bh caddiss pupa; my go to pattern that I fish all year long. The only reason I only brought that many to hand was my rusty skills; rolled or missed at least twenty more in the few hours I fished. Bottom line; if they aren't feeding they die.

Can't say this qualifies as "My Favorite" stockie chaser because I just sat and tied a couple up this afternoon so as to have some bright colored bead-heads with me for tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• stockie_chaser.jpg
    stockie_chaser.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3
afishinado wrote:

Tom is right after the first week of getting pounded with all the flashy stuff going natural works the best and for longer.

Going natural does seem to make sense....after they've been in awhile....I was asking about flies for fresh stockers.

Sucker spawn patterns in peach and cream have been picking up fish for me the most since opening day, rainbows love them. I caught my biggest golden on a scrambled egg two days ago after fishing for him for 3; days and breaking him off once

pellet flies

DSCF2466.JPG

I tied a couple of those for some trout in a pond at a camp I worked at for a while. They worked rather well too. Nothing else seemed to work. Fly wise that is.

These work pretty well for stockies.

8504988277_3efd6666ea_n.jpg

Back