philly area fly shop

O

orthofly

Anyone know of a shop within an hour of Philadelphia that carries G Loomis, Sage, Hardy, and Scott rods. I want to test cast these and would like to do it all in one place if possible. G Loomis in particular seems to be tough to find despite their website saying there are 10 local dealers.

TCO Bryn Mawr has Scott for sure.

Make sure to CALL any shop first because I can tell you for a fact, not all TCO locations carry the same inventory and you may drive to Bryn Mawr and only get to see half of the brands you are after.

You also may want to check out Anglers Pro Shop in Souderton.

Good luck but don't expect to find everything under one roof.

I can appreciate the goal but its going to be tough to find all of those rods under one roof. I've been to a lot of fly shops, and don't think I've ever seen one that keeps a full stock of Loomis, Sage, Hardy, and Scott.

However... If the shop is confident you are going to purchase a high end rod, they may be able to hook you up and get everything there for you to try. I'm pretty confident If I told my local fly shop I was going to buy a $600+ rod and I wanted to try those 4 they'd do it. I'm a halfway decent customer though and have a history of dropping some coin there.

Which leads me to my next point which is off topic... Lots of guys buy rods, reels, and waders online because they can find them cheaper than at their local shop. It has been my experience that I can get high end items at my local shop for "online prices". Its kind of like being a good tipper when you're a regular at a bar...

Maybe too late to do any good but I got my NRX at A Marblehead Flyfisher outside Wilmington. I casted it, a sage and a hardy. Big bucks but no tax you can put toward line.

I answered your flyshop question. Late I know. A Marblehead Flyfisher outside Wilmington. No tax.

JohnPowers wrote:
I answered your flyshop question. Late I know. A Marblehead Flyfisher outside Wilmington. No tax.

+ 1 ^ Not sure if Terry carries Scott but he does have a full line of Loomis and sage.

Back