Philly Area Conditions - Post-Opening Day Rains

S

smp5000

Anyone have a set of eyes on the Philly area streams today (Wissy, Pennypack, Valley)?

I was out this weekend on the Tully in the rain but now I'm stuck in work. Was hoping to make a post-work dusk trip either today or tomorrow before more rain moves in.

The gauges say the levels/turbidity are going down but was hoping one of you guys could give me a heads up on how the conditions are and if its worth it.

Thanks for the help!

In my experience, as long as Valley isn't totally blown to crap higher is almost always better. Those picky little browns that everyone has trouble with have a serious intelligence drop when they can't see you coming.. Happy to send PM on flies or extra info.

Not sure about the stocker streams..

Got stuck at work but was able to pass by the pennypack around last light.

Looked like prime conditions. Tad bit high, slightly off color. I hope the heavy rains from the weekend and lesser crowds allowed more stockies to spread out.

Hoping this weeks rain doesn't do much damage.

valley is best in the rain. I like it heavy rain to. give you the upper hand and the bigger fish get less picky.

I've fished the pennypack the last two days (tues, wed) and pretty much crushed em both days. There's still a ton of fish down there. It was a slow and cold opening day, I didn't see many fish taken. Then Sunday was unfishable and Monday was slow. Tuesday me my father and brother went down about 10:30am and were each into the 30's by 2pm. Then the truck showed up and dumped more in. I know the wissahickon is pretty loaded too from some friends that have been doin well out there.

Was the opposite up here yesterday in Chester\montgomery co. Streams were a tad high and slightly off. Decent conditions, but today is probably more "prime. With yesterday, i fished two stocked sections for 45 minutes each and came up with one each time. No one else, meaning 10 other fisherman were catching nothing either. Seems like that had lockdown or perhaps alot of fish washed down stream into other sections? I dont know.

Back