PFBC survey data and reports

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

I seem to remember someone on here saying that if you go to one of the offices you could get any survey data or reports for a particular watershed.

Is this true?
If so, which office?
Do you have to do so in writing or is it just on a walk-in basis?
Is it possible to have them send you the reports or must it be done in person?

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

I'm not sure about a certain office for any survey data. I do know that I've emailed my regional office about particular watersheds that were surveyed in my region a couple times. They've always emailed me back detailed answers within a day or two. It's been very helpful when prospecting new areas. I never tried asking for survey info outside of the region office I was emailing tho.

You used to be able to walk into Pleasant Gap and look at the survey data for the enter state. It was filing cabinet after filing cabinet. I'm not sure if that is the case anymore. I'd think an effort has been made to go completely electronic. In todays day and age I just email the biologist for that area and they usually get me back the info I'm looking for. Nice guys in most cases but busy.

You can find some reports published online in the fish and boat website.

on the pa fbc website you can make a FOIA request and they will respond promptly

Back