PFBC receiving Marcellus royalties?

I'll give you my advise any time, our economy and you're economy needs it. Thanks pcray.

pcray, I read somewhere that we were exporting alot if it, guess that was wrong, my bad.

hey tig, yep, I'm nothing but a sissy la la bmw rider. ha ha ha!!

I never said we needed to go back to a total "natural" world. but we have made mistakes in the past, you tell me what is wrong with learning from them and improving processes to limit polution, waste, and most important, money.
you #OOPS# about those of us that show concern. where do you live? do you have wells within 10 miles of your house and closing fast? do you have a well that provides drinking water? should we all just ignore the risks, quit paying attention and hope for the best? what would YOU do if your well got contamitated? what would YOU do if your favorite stream was ruined by a drilling accident?
yes, we all use products made from and manufactured using oil products and chemicals. and most of it is done right with the proper cautions put in place to protect the environment, the workers, and the general public. all we ask is that the drilling in our state is also done the same way. anything less is the work of ignorant greedy slobs.
I'm sure there are folks in TN that care just as much about their state as we do about ours.

how about if I dispose of all my used oil in the creek, I'll throw my trash into the ravine beside the road, I'll quit recycling and fill up the landfills faster. I'll let my septic system run down and let raw sewage run across my neighbors yard, I'll leave all my lights on all day and waste as much energy as I possibly can. I'll hack the muffler off my truck so it pisses off everyone I drive past.
yep, sounds like a good plan to me! lets all do the same thing, because hell, we only care about the next year or two right? who gives a damn about anything 10 or 20 years from now? not me, that's for sure!!LOL!
hey, lets turn all the fish commission property into gas processing plants! that will be swell, who the heck wants to fish anyways, it's a stupid thing that gets in the way of us screwing up the world!!

One thing about it bikerfish you are good entertainment.BMW is actually a good machine, The germans are smart with engines,no solar panel on their helmet.You might be a sissy ,not much we can do about that, Ha Ha just kidding.....Yes I have a well, here's some advise, most of the time when they get ready to drill around you they come and test you're water before they drill and test when they are done.I have gas wells within 12 to 15 miles,no problems but different mountain ranges.I will give you some credit, one part of one stream I fish got messed up. So some laws are good but not to extreme. Keep writing, gotta go cut up a bunch of trees for paper...

Good reply bikerfish, here we go,First China in 20 years is going to own us because of debt, in order to pay we will have to use up all of our resources.. Mine and drill Daddy.. You will be so broke because of inflation you'll dump you're oil any where you can, if you can afford to change it. Trash, probaly won't afford to pick it up so burn it and re cycle old Cabelas catalog for toliet paper. As far as sewage you will have an out house.As far as a muffler on you're truck it will rust off because you won't have money to fix it, get ready for that loud sound cause you're neighbors will be in the same boat. As far as the EPA China will tell them to stick it like they do at all the other save the world meetings. Now for the stream, take a picture it will last longer.Don't look at 2 years down the road.

bikerfish wrote:
pcray, I read somewhere that we were exporting alot if it, guess that was wrong, my bad.

hey tig, yep, I'm nothing but a sissy la la bmw rider. ha ha ha!!

I never said we needed to go back to a total "natural" world. but we have made mistakes in the past, you tell me what is wrong with learning from them and improving processes to limit polution, waste, and most important, money.
you #OOPS# about those of us that show concern. where do you live? do you have wells within 10 miles of your house and closing fast? do you have a well that provides drinking water? should we all just ignore the risks, quit paying attention and hope for the best? what would YOU do if your well got contamitated? what would YOU do if your favorite stream was ruined by a drilling accident?
yes, we all use products made from and manufactured using oil products and chemicals. and most of it is done right with the proper cautions put in place to protect the environment, the workers, and the general public. all we ask is that the drilling in our state is also done the same way. anything less is the work of ignorant greedy slobs.
I'm sure there are folks in TN that care just as much about their state as we do about ours.

On my camper and at my cabin I have installed water filters on the main faucet used for drinking and cooking water. It's good insurance. Look for a canister type that can be changed out periodically. You can get canisters ranging from simple filters to those with multiple layers and charcoal.

It has to do with the way the drillers operate as much as anything. The drillers can get at the gas under PFBC land regardless of whether PFBC signs a lease because they drill down and then horizontally to get all the gas. So the drillers will get the gas under PFBC land, PFBC may as well get paid for the gas rather than not get any money.
More money from gas drillers means they have more money to spend to monitor the water quality, which is what PFBC does besides raising trout, surveying streams, and the other stuff they do. There was, until drilling started no money in the budget to monitor the number of wells predicted, something like 80,000 new wells. PFBC may still not have the kind of money to monitor all those wells, but at least they'll have money to do some monitoring. I for one see no conflict and I’m glad PFBC is getting the money.

I don't think pfbc should have to use any royalties they make to monitor streams. Using it for other purposes is fine. We don't use anyone elses royalties to monitor water quality. Maybe there should be a tax on all royalties for such a purpose.

Back