Petitjeans Magic Tool

Becker, its a great tool the only limit is your imagination.

Sbecker they sell "split second thread" to use with the magic tool. Its thread that splits easily so you can insert the materials into the thread. It is not necessary to purchase if you don't want to. You can use a dubbing loop. The split second thread just makes it a little easier. I actually need to "play" with my magic tool some more right now it is collecting dust. lol My buddy actually tied with Peitijean so any time I need some info about using it I just call him up.

Becker- You have to choose the right size clip for the the feather you want to use. This is why there are three in the package. The feather tip and butt should easily stick out of either side. To push them down simply hold the tip and butt and press. To do feathers and dubbin, use a short piece of mono to press it all in. Any other questions i will be happy to answer them for you. As i said before i use the thing quite often. You can make some wicked soft hackle with it.

Im a gadget collector, if theres one tool i dont get its the Pettijean CDC tool.how the heck is that used ? yea i have one just havent figured out how it is used

The card comes in the packaging has photos explaining how to use it. lol Just unfold it.

Aaron Jasper did a good video a while ago on Youtube where he used the tool to make a sweet CDC BWO. Search for TroutPredator and it should still be up.

But yeah, to me it really does seem like an overpriced binder clip. I was looking at it at the tying show but decided against it.

Dub, I saw that video and plan on tying up a large amount of them.

Marc Petitjean was a guest speaker at Main Line Fly Tyers Meeting two weeks ago. He was a great speaker and tyer, and his CDC flies are awesome.

Here is a video by him demonstrating the use of his Magic Tool:

Back