Perkiomen Valley Trout Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
perk1.jpg
Perkiomen Creek, the chapter's namesake is the main focus of the restoration efforts at the chapter, in an attempt to extend a growing wild trout population.

By working with landowners, state and local leaders, and other state organizations, Perkiomen Valley Trout Unlimited has had great of success in restoring key tributaries of the Perkiomen, through several miles of tree plantings, streambank restoration and structure, educating communities and landowners on best land management practices.

Now comprised of about 200 members the chapter is working hard to complete the major work of restoring stream banks and water quality. Water quality has already improved enough in the main branch that a noticeable difference has been recorded in the water quality of the Green Lane Reservoir.

The chapter has a fund raising raffle underway to support local Trout in the Class and stream restoration efforts. Details for the the raffle and prizes can be found on the Perkiomen Valley Trout Unlimited website.

Membership Meetings - Perkiomen Valley Trout Unlimited general Membership Meetings are held every 3rd Monday of the month between the months of September and May, starting at 7:30pm in the Upper Perkiomen Valley Free Library Community Room at the Upper Perkiomen Valley Library 350 Main Street Red Hill, PA 18076.

Photo by culmer

TheDude
DotMan, just curious, is that the entrance to Petticote Junction? I just camped there the first time on opening day this year. I love it up there. Pure Penns Woods.

Last edited:
TheDude
I drive a Camry, because you have better story if you get stuck 10 miles back from a paved road then if you didn't. Plus, I love dodging rocks and the occasional heart-stopping "BANG!"

Last edited:
DotMan
Dude,

That is Happy Acres campground not far from Waterville.

Last edited:
sundrunk
Happy acres got showers, that goes along way..Just don't set up your tent to close to the river bank, black bear I95..

Last edited:
S
Gfen, I believe saw your registration plate @ Masemore last week parked next to another element. Hope you fared well I did on the surface there BWOs . I like the Elements however, not the rear pasenger access with out the front door being opened.
Sam

Last edited:
FishOnCamp
Check out the forecast for the Salmon River NY area. 1 to 2 feet of snow for Northern Oswego county and 3 to 4 feet for Tug Hill. I think I'll stick with the 4WD.

Last edited:
gfen
54-46 lives on my wife's microvan, now, so wasn't me.
The doors do suck in a crowded parking lot, fellow owners refer to the act of jostling doors in tight spaces as the "Element shuffle."

Its why my wife drives a microvan now and I drive the E.

Last edited:
Bruno
Do you guys ever tow anything with the element ?

Last edited:
gfen
No, people on the elementownersclub.com forum though often tow smaller pop-up campers, fwiw. I've got no where to store a boat. :(

Last edited:
philfisher
Interesting comments. I'm in a somewhat unique position in that I'm a graduate student who lives in Philly and went four years without owning a car (which honestly, for living in Philly is the best arrangement- biking is the way to go here, especially if you're poor). Then I started flyfishing a bit again in SEPA, mostly by borrowing a car on a Saturday from friends. Eventually I got a cheap POS Geo Prizm from one of my professors more or less just so I could get out of the city to go fishing. Otherwise it mostly sits on the street. Before I got the car, I considered biking to the bus (I think it's the 102?) from downtown Philly out to Valley Forge NP, then riding my bike down to VC with my fishing gear. There's also the possibility of taking Regional Rail up to the Wissahickon. I never did either of those, but if I do I'll take pictures and tell you guys about it. I like the idea of taking public transit to go fishing :)

Last edited:
R
Well I probably should have checked other as I believe I drive a Sub Compact. A 3 dr Toyota Yaris. With a cost under 13G and 50 Mpg it leaves some money left over for fly tying materilas and rods. NOT a vehicle for offorad situations. Though after 4 years of owning a Chevrolet silverado 4X4 I realized that at least in the hudson valley and catskills a 4X isn't really required. I'm youngish and in shape so i pack light and efficeint, drive to the end of the pavement and hike fast. Believe it or not its good in the snow, well up to 4" after that it bottoms out.

Last edited:
wgmiller
What about an Amish buggy??? :-D

In all seriousness, I'm not a hardcore, exploring fisherman, so I have a bought and paid for '03 Dodge Neon with over 100K on it. Every time I drive it the sound of money in the bank rings :). I have gotten it stuck a few times, but overall it's a great car that doesn't cost me anything except gas.

If I were doing the Erie/NY trips, I'd have something AWD like my wife's Volvo or a ScoobyDoo. For much of the fishing I do which involves roadside or improved road parking, my economy miser works well.

Last edited:
D
Even though John Brown's heart was in the right place, his methods sure left a lot to be desired. But his story is a fascinating part of American history.
By the way, he lived in Crawford County, PA for a few years before starting on his mission.

Last edited:
F
In this article, I recommend the use of felt soles for fishing the Potomac River. Since this article, Maryland has banned the use of felt soles.

Dave W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back