Perkiomen Creek near Church Road

S

Seafood

I havent fished this section for ages...the fly fishing only section off of Church Road. With no "real" trips planned until the spring I see myself needing to feed my addiction and might try to get there in the next week or two.

Wondering if they still put fish in this section in the fall. If so have they done so yet?

thanks

it's in my backyard but im at school right now or i could give u an update but a couple weeks ago i fished it for 2-3 hours and only got 1 trout, nice holdover brown. I dont believe they stocked it this fall, county park trying to save money is what i hear.

If you call the park they can tell you if it was stocked this fall, I do know if it was and I should.

I do not believe its stocked there in the fall
go fish it and if you are willing to share, let us know how you do.

I was out at the Perk last Wednesday around Knolls and no, they do not stock in fall. It looks like they will stock in late November and February for next year. Not much was biting, maybe because it was 34 degrees?? Also, the stream has a new course back there due to a couple of big trees blowing down and blocking the old channel.

Creek was stocked by the county on Friday November 02, 2007
They put in 50 fish, 25 browns, 25 rainbows, all on the rather large side

I fished there wednesday morning for about an hour....I found one fish below the bridge.........all the fish must have been put at the waterfall, dam---......the water by the sycamores was very shallow and silty---usually fish hold there.......but not this time...no fish there-------...there was a guy there fishing, he was snagging fish left and right....out of about 12 fish hooked, only one appeared to be legal........he did not snag intentionally, at least I don't think he did......his set up was perfect for snagging fish that were laying on the bottom ...........float that was about 8-10 feet from his fly.....and there were 2-3 nice split shot within 6 inches of the fly.........everytime the float dipped he set the hook..............

The gentleman did let me fish the right side of the flow, looking upstream and I did catch an 18 inch rainbow that I lost at my feet......fish took a hares ear nymph, size 16

my suggestion would be that anyone who catches a fish there to toss the guy downstream so that they spread out.......I am sure they will spread out on their own eventually..........but where they are all at does not leave much room for more than 2 guys to fish........and I'm sure alot of you guys are like me and like to walk a stream.........not make 1000 casts to the same spot......

In any event............the fish are there............go have fun

where is this again, church rd in what city?

hmmm, guessing pennsburg. guess ill check it out monday or tuesday

"guessing pennsburg"

East Greenville technically. If your coming from a good distance i would plan on visiting some other streams in the area too, like the above poster said all those fish congregate at the dam where they were stocked and its only worth fishing there for about an hour or two. West Branch of the Perkiomen in Barto is good if u like small wild brownies or the Little lehigh is about 20 mins north.

The west branch of Perkiomen is a great wild brown trout fishery......don't be surprised if you land a better than average wild brown this time of year...........

also, good fishing can be found in the lower Perkiomen---below Knight Lake--which is directly below Deep Creek Lake--
you can expect to find all kinds of fish-- white perch, yellow perch, bluegills, redbreast sunfish, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, Pike, CARP, TROUT etc.....the list goes on as to what you might catch...........

Also, the Perkiomen upstream of the Montgomery County delayed harvest area is stocked by the state and I would bet there are still some trout left..........

I fish the West Branch of the Perk and the Perk alot. Favorite places are the bride on Lesher's Mill Rd off of Palm Hill Rd, the little park on Tollgate Road, the Bridge at Water St and Peevy Rd, a hole about 60 yards down from the Peevy Rd bridge, The bridge at Water St and Fruitville Rd ( by the water plant), and the area by Church Road and Water St and Church Rd and Goshenhoppen Church Rd. If you're out that way you can also try Forgedale Creek along Forgedale Rd off of old Rt 100 in Barto or head down to Greenlane and hit Swamp Creek along Swamp Creek Road or Unami Creek. Swamp and Unami offer lots of rock hopping. The upper end of the West Branch of the Perf off of Lesher's mill gets stocked every year at the bridge, but there are plenty of holdovers farther up. I normaly park at the park on Tollgate and wade down through to Leshers then walk back up to the truck. There are some really big holes back in from Tollgate and plenty of riffs up from Lesher's Mill. I rarely see more than four or five people fishing there and most are bank fishers drowning worms at the bridges. Forgedale is a problem due to minimal parking and maximum posting, but if you ask you'll probably get the okay to fish for some fun wild ones. If you see a Chevy S-10 blazer with climbing, fishing, and medical stickers, it's probably me. And, yes, there's always a bottle of highbrow Scotch or Irish Whiskey there for medicinal purposes. Never know when you might get a paper cut or some such injury.

Thanks mediclimber, you planning on being there tomorrow? So far ive pinpointed the dam at church rd, the bridge at peevy/water, bridge at fruitville/water and the bridge on leshers. Its nice theyre all around the corner from each other. I guess i'll hit them all up tomorrow, thanks.

I wish I could but I've pushed off a lot of things around the house that have to be done and Sunday's the day.

Back