Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum Association Heritage Day on June 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York (west branch and salmon river), Montana (it's freaking montana), Maryland (gunpowder), New Jersey (stripers and bass at my buddy's place) are all planned.

Maybe North Carolina (outer banks)

Last edited:
YoughRiverGuide
I didn't see any directions included. Relax, superhero.

As for the video, it made me want to drive north.

Last edited:
ryguyfi
Agreed... no spot burning there what so ever.

I did VERY well last year in November when it was low and clear like that. Hope the conditions are right next week to land some of those beauts. Can't wait!

Last edited:
spectorfly
OOOHHHH, he laid it in the grass!

Wish I could go this year. I had planned on it. Looks like I'll miss it again thanks to limited funds from being layed off.

Last edited:
J
thanks, dave. the 20 mile access points have been slammed with crowds ever since you posted this freakin' thing - unfreakin' believable. never seen it so bad. worse than walnut and elk. no spot burning? cripes, there isn't that much water.

Last edited:
salmonoid
This video was originally linked from the Fisherie.com Reports page a week before Dave posted it here. I highly doubt it showing up on PAflyfish.com had anything to do with crowds at Twenty Mile. Are people angry at Delorme for including the stream in their maps too? Don't look on the PFBC site either, because (gasp), Twenty Mile is linked from there too and has a description and shows parking spots!

Just thought I'd throw in that there are fish in Elk Creek too! Sorry to spot burn. I heard there is also a creek called Walnut which gets an occasional steelhead or two and sometimes even a brown trout.

Last edited:
J
Well, let me revise my comment then. Thanks, Dave, for propagating the b.s. that FishErie.com spews. After a recent trip, I know first hand that the FishErie site is a crock of ####. I posted truthful reports about the fishing that were promptly removed by the moderators -- and then received PMs from others who had the same thing happen to them. So careful where you pull your propaganda materials from.

Regardless of who originally posted the video, it and anyone using it to over-hype the fishing on 20 mile is doing nothing positive for fishermen or the fishery. 20 mile had literal elbow-to-elbow pressure all week this past week -- more fishermen than fish.

Maps don't hype a stream or draw a crowd. Little paragraph descriptions from the state about access points don't do that. Guys posting videos and photos about how somewhere is the "greatest" fishing does do that. It's a magnet, regardless of what anyone says. If you want me to prove it, tell me what your favorite quiet place is to fish. I'll show you how quickly an internet report, video, etc. will increase its crowds. And no, I'm not irritated because I love 20 mile. I only fish it a few times per year. But it really sucks when someone does this and instantly turns a stream into the likes of lower Walnut and other streams.

Nowhere along steelhead alley is a secret. That isn't the point. But hyping up a small trib is doing no justice for the fishing or the fishermen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back