Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum Association Heritage Day on June 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York (west branch and salmon river), Montana (it's freaking montana), Maryland (gunpowder), New Jersey (stripers and bass at my buddy's place) are all planned.

Maybe North Carolina (outer banks)

Last edited:
ryguyfi
Very slim chance I'll hit the SR and catch a few salmon this year... plus going on a family vacation to Florida. Will probably bring the fly rod and see what I can catch down there. Brought it last year and cast some clousers in the surf... hooked into 3 fish... all snapped off almost immediately on my 8lb test (biggest I had in my pack, wasn't very prepared). So we'll see what happens this year.

Last edited:
MKern
I would like to hope so, but at this point I have nothing planned so I had to vote "no."

Last edited:
H
The closest I'll get to fishing in another state would be fishing the Delaware from the Jersey shore or the West Branch from the NY shore. I suppose that qualifies as a "NO."

But that's okay- I don't think there's anywhere better than PA anyway. :-D

John

Last edited:
MattBoyer
SRNY and OCMD are about as far as I'll get this year. Oh well, in a few years I'll hafta take my kid to the places I used to fish, so it'll be catchup time.

Boyer

Last edited:
Acristickid
In Florida as I type. 99% sure I'll get a Maryland License- several good waters and maybe closer than State College to Pgh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruno
Salmon River - NY
Elk River - WV
Savage River - MD

These are all for sure

Maybe ......

Trying to plan a trip to Colorado to see a friend that is guiding there now.

Trinity River, CA - The CA portion of the family just bought a cabin on the river.

Last edited:
PaulG
Im sure Maurice and I will be hitting the Gun Powder, whenever we can! I guess thats about it for the out of State fishing for me

PaulG

Last edited:
JackM
I am tentatively planning a trip to the Smokies right after Easter while my son is on break from high school.

Last edited:
albatross
My daughter has a big music festival in Iowa this year and my wife and I will head out for the last week of the festival. Foretunately, the festival is in the NW corner of Iowa, the only portion of the state with trout. This is part of the Driftless region and the spring creeks there are awesome. I look forward to fishing there.

I'm reasonably certian that I'll fish western Maryland too this year. Probaby the Yough and the Savage, maybe the North Brach of the Potomac too.

Last edited:
JakesLeakyWaders
I'm planning to rent a cabin in Maine for vacation. I don't know anything about Maine other than that there are lots of big Brookies , as far as fishing goes. I'm kind of wondering if my 4 weight will hold up to the fish there. Maybe I should take my 7 weight bass rod and get a reel for it already.

Last edited:
T
Planning on hitting up some of the home waters in the ADKs in spring. Know some folks who own part of the AuSable so no need to keep watch for the DEC guys.

Last edited:
jaybo41
I'm planning on fishing the Driftless Region in SW Wisconsin this year for wild trout. Possibly a trip to WV to the Mononghalia National Forest.

Last edited:
R
I go to Asheville about once a month and that usually includes a fishing trip of some sort. Also, headed to Lake Placid for the fourth, that will obviously include a lot of fishing, otherwise a few trips to Rochester this spring if it is ever fishable.

Last edited:
BigBronco
I'll be fishing the Savage in MD and the Catt in NY. Other than that who knows.

Last edited:
E
I Plan to fish the farmington River this year becuse I have family up that way

Last edited:
JustFish
Going to New York the last week of April for the week. Going to hopefully get into a good Hendrickson hatch on either the West Branch Delaware, Beaverkill, Willowemoc or the Esopus. Only have a week and I would like to learn a little about three of the four. Probably gonna shoot for the W.B. Delaware and the Willowemoc first and then maybe the Beaverkill and the Esopus if time and conditions permit.

Last edited:
AlwaysWading
I'll hit the Lake Erie tribs in Ohio this year, along with at least one non Lake Erie trout stream in Ohio this year.

I travel the country all year long and I wish all the states would do some kind of USA trout stamp thing so I could fish in the states I travel to. I could buy a license in each state, but having PA, Ohio and NY tags is costly enough.

Last edited:
D
The Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum Association will be holding its 7th Annual Heritage Day - June 20, 2009.

Heritage Day has a great tradition of being a gathering of fly fishing enthusiasts all ages, interests, and skill levels. Don't miss out on next year's festivities. The event promises to be even better than this year's! So mark your calendar for June 20th (the Saturday of Father's Day weekend)

Please visit the website for more details.

spacer.jpg

Acristickid
God I hate Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back