Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Hats Going Quickly - On Sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually travel within an hour and a half to fish. But again, I'm surrounded by so many great trout streams.

I didn't count possible trips to Canada, or any other vacations in the works.

Last edited:
albatross
I said up to 250, which is probably about as far as I will go just to fish. I will be travelling to Northwest Iowa this summer to see my daughter perform in some musical programs and I will take advantage of being there and fish some local spring creeks for trout. I didn't count this trip though, because I wouldn't travel there just for the fishing...

Last edited:
jayL
Montana.

Erie is 419 miles, and I'll probably do that a few times too.

Last edited:
tomgamber
flying to Idaho in July..does that count? I think it was about 2355 one way when we drove. Its 250 miles to my mom's and I usually get to the Little Lehigh when I visit. Will get to Erie at least once and Camp (150 each way) so I think I will obliterate the highest option this year.

Last edited:
JakesLeakyWaders
I'll fish the Loyalsock this year when I go up for vacation, and I hope to make it to the Little J and the State college area all of which are 125-200 miles from me. I was going to Maine , but it isn't going to happen I had to cancel my reservation. Other than that I'll just stay near home and hit some limestoners.

Last edited:
JustFish
Will go to Erie in the fall and Montana in the July.

Last edited:
greenghost
A variation of the poll could be how far would you travel for a day trip? For me, about 120 miles, or a little over two hours each way.
(A trip to the Lil J)

Last edited:
TimMurphy
Dear greenghost,

120 is the absolute limit for me for a day trip, and pretty much the limit for a weekend as well.

I have good friends in 2 different directions from Harrisburg that live within 95 to 105 miles of my house. Once I'm there I don't count the daily driving while fishing as part of the overall haul because I have a place a to crash over the weekend.

I'm definitely going to visit my buddy Johnny more this year. The fishing can be good close by and my dog loves to run on his farm.

I'm going to visit my buddy Gene too. He has the Susquehanna in Wilkes-Barre right outside his doorstep and I want to catch a smallmouth bass on the fly rod again this year and I'm tired of wasting time around Harrisburg.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Last edited:
Hook_Jaw
The fishing is so good in my sorrounding area Penns, Fishing, Spring, won't travel more then 30 miles probaly the whole year until i go on vacation to Cape May, NJ and fly fish the Delaware Bay and Ocean

Last edited:
skybay
I went to Europe fishing twice than I got spoiled by ½ h distance. Mingo Park ;-)
In general I try to stay in 120 mil radius (Erie) from Pittsburgh but even if I get out of dwell for half of the day I’m a lucky dude. I like to stay within 1-1.5 hour but tend to stretch the distances to look for more “untouched’ limestone wholes. I want to go to Montana and to get lost between creeks and the time...
:-o

Last edited:
sholgate
Had a great time, nice to meet you all. Stopped and visited Clarks on the way home. Just a great weekend of fishing. I have never fished for a whole weekend before.

Steven Holgate

Last edited:
DaveKile
There are a good number of hats left from the Jamboree. If you are interested in purchasing one Email Maurice at moechi21@gmail.com and we can begin the process.

We experimented with some different colors this year. We have one left that is orange(tangerine) that would be good for fishing during hunting season and even a couple pink ones for the ladies out there There is a Navy color that looks like a dark denim.

And as always the all tan and two-tone with green, blue or charcoal visor.

The normal price shipped is $20 to your door.

On Sale Now While Supplies Last for $15.00!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back