Penns

If you plan on fishing, take your waders.
Why? Early September is just around the corner, and the weather in early September is often hot as can be. I was on a large trout stream today, and the water felt phenomenal. There was no way I would want to have worn waders today.

Yes, you should take your waders along because I believe in being prepared for any possible scenario while there, but if the weather is anything like today, I would recommend wet wading. Time for wet wading is running out for the year, and fishing is just so much more enjoyable when it is hot out if you aren't trapped in waders.

What you really should do is this, however: You should do whatever the hell you want because it is your trip and your life. We are all just here to offer you some suggestions and encouragement. My suggestion is embrace the cool waters of Penns Creek on your legs while you bask in that late summer sun, and just enjoy the beautiful area that we have here. We Pennsylvanians are mighty blessed to have such amazing trout fishing at our finger tips.

Like I said I haven’t seen many big browns in tiny streams. 3 in 25 years or so. The images are burnt into my memory. Never caught them. But it sure got the adrenaline flowing and the ticker pumping. Felt like buck fever from when I was 12.
Anyone else ever see massive browns in tiny little brook trout streams?

Caught this is in a very little stream this spring. I spend a ton of time on Penns but I rarely (almost never) catch bigger fish than this. Small stream weirdness, I'll take it.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 1
Back