Penknife: What is your everyday carry

For most in town carry I use a SAK. It is less offensive to anti-knife people and the police.

If I am going on a picnic, I use a schrade SP2 or 3, or an opinel #8 or 9.

If I need a small liner lock or lockback, it’s usually a buck ,case , or schrade.

If I am camping without a sheath knife I carry a buck 110 or case sodbuster .

If I am fishing and there is a mora or buck maxlite in my bag
I carry a stockman or jackknife by schrade ,imperial ,bear and sons or case.

I often use a single blade victorinox florist knife for its no threat look.

For rough work I use an imperial Barlow .either Rhode Island made or Irish .

I also like boker and puma , but usually stick to American made knifes .

I really like the floral knives for everyday carry. I've had 3......schrade and victorinox.

When a kid allot of folks carried the following knife and I always wondered if the scaler and de-hooker worked effectively:

Vintage Imperial Prov RI USA Fish Knife 2 Blade w/Scaler & Bottle Opener #P-37

Attachments

• s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
I really like the floral knives for everyday carry. I've had 3......schrade and victorinox.

When a kid allot of folks carried the following knife and I always wondered if the scaler and de-hooker worked effectively:

Vintage Imperial Prov RI USA Fish Knife 2 Blade w/Scaler & Bottle Opener #P-37

I have the Case version of that fishing knife which also has a hook sharpening stone on the handle.

All the tools (blade, scaler, disgorger, bottle opener) all function fine although I have other disgorgers I like better.

so many cool pocket knives. today I'm carrying a Victorinox Pal.

Shakey,
you Got the Goods man. I don't have that many choices. Pretty impressive.

Bam,
I'm wondering if a small disgorger wouldn't work better than hemostats for small fishes like I catch. I really have trouble with small pumpkinseed and small perch when they swallow a little deeper than the lips.

Baron wrote:
Bam,
I'm wondering if a small disgorger wouldn't work better than hemostats for small fishes like I catch. I really have trouble with small pumpkinseed and small perch when they swallow a little deeper than the lips.
The first thing you could try is a Ketchum Release tool, but they really are ineffective on deeply hooked fish.

The Coarse & Match fishing crowd in the UK have the best disgorgers because they use bait. They are slim and come in different sizes, but they are hard as heck to get because most of the dealers in the UK won't ship to the US and if they do, they charge a premium.

Here's a nice set from Preston Innovations.

I have their double ended version that works great but it took me years to get one from the other side of the pond.

If you look carefully at them, you can see it wouldn't be hard to fabricate your own out of rigid plastic tubing, as long as you are careful to keep the end round & smooth so you don't hurt the fish.

Another Pennsylvania knife brand that a lot of folks carried (and still carry, I guess..) around here for many years were the knives from Titusville's Queen Cutlery. Queen folded up in 2018 and is no longer around. But their various offerings were pretty popular all through my part of the state. I never had one and know little else about them other than I had a former uncle (divorced out of the family) who spent his entire career there. As I recall, he was ethanolized and pickled about 98% of the time and it's a wonder he retired with all his fingers...

https://queencutleryhistory.com/

Back