Pellet Pattern

I figured out this fly and gravel when i was fishing a series of ponds. The ponds were chock full of fish but almost impossible to catch. It seems that the owner poured mounds of pellets into the ponds every night. When i first did my gravel and fly trick i was the only guy there catching fish. I dont keep them anyway, so whats the difference. I went into a place that was dominated by spin fisherman that were chucking bait and beat them at their own game. Somehow i just dont see anything wrong with that. I dont really fish for stockies often, and if i do, my go to is a picket pin. I just thought to share a little trick. Sorry to have offended.....

I didn't mean to sound like an ***, I retract my previous, pompous comment.

sipe wrote:

I didn't read it that way, therefore I see no need for a retraction. Everyone has an opinion.

BrookieChaser wrote:
sipe wrote:

I didn't read it that way, therefore I see no need for a retraction. Everyone has an opinion.
I did'nt read it that way either. In fact I agree with you. No pellet flies for me. I am sticking to my green weenie. LOL

A while ago I did some work on a hunting camp which had a pond full of trout, a couple of them were very big trout. They said I could fish just put them back, I tried and tried to catch em couldn't do it. They were fed regularly with pellets. I really wanted to catch one of those trout that pushed thirty inches like bad, so I got to thinking about it and took a pellet or two home spun some brown deer hair, trimmed to shape and size and the next day the guys I work with got to watch me release just what I was after. I wouldn't worry about it it's a fly, you're using a fly rod what's not to like?

See Jack you were dry fly fishing and didn't even realize it..

Ha ha you're right Bob, never looked at it that way. One thing I think about this subject to be true is, when you tie on the usual suspect of a nymph for wild trout you're fishing what they're used to eating, right?...

Get some brown ultra chenille. make a few wraps then wrap on top of each other. I made these for fun, and have caught a few on them. I think that a PT or HE is way more productive though.

Attachments

• flies.jpg
    flies.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 5
bottom left, is they were not obvious

Mcfly foam egg size 16-18 - they have a color called dead egg which is a tan.
Twist that up and color it with brown prismacolor marker.
apply floatant.

Bash stupid bows.

Back