Peeking Caddis

onthestream

onthestream

New to the forum wondering if anyone has any patterns for peeking caddis?

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw/040300fotw.php

zen, that is a great pattern. I will tie some of them up tomorrow.
Thanks

whheff wrote:
zen, that is a great pattern. I will tie some of them up tomorrow.
Thanks

You are quite welcome. However, all I did was find it on the web. I hope the pattern works well for you. :)

@ zen,

Nice pattern.

I have been tying a pattern for this with a two beads and a turkey tail. One black bead and one green glass bead, the pattern has worked surprisingly well and is an easy/quick tie.

JH

Cool pattern thanks for sharing. Though I do appreciate that being shared, this is another pattern that I don't think this much time and effort needs to be put into tying it. The case caddis is best fished in fast higher spring waters and this level of detail is not necessary. We have tons of luck tying the case in the same manner with a piece of vernille just hanging out of it - maybe burn the head - or just simply use green caddis ice dub. Again, thanks for sharing, nice pattern - tight lines to all.

I tied a bunch of these up a few years ago and have had good success with the fly. I use a brignt green chenille and glued on a black bead with crazy glue. They held surprisingly well. I think the green helps, especially at grannom time because the pupae is so brightly colored green. Or at least I figure that is why they work, never really asked a trout. But I did find that tie a number of years ago, and have done well with it.

Back