Patagonia Rio Gallegos vs Simms G3

Stine- When they leak (notice I did not say if), you can just call them and send back and arrange for new ones to be shipped immediately. Simplest return policy in the business. Period. Simms and Patagonia will need weeks to look at waders and decide to repair or replace. Their warrantys are very misleading.

It comes down to being a lifetime warranty and you decide when it is appropriate to buy another pair.

I used Orvis bootfoots for years but when everyone went so called braeathable many of the bootfoots failed quickly. I noticed the Orvis boot part was fairly heavy and often seams leaked where attached to uppers.

I have not had Bean bootfoots but am happy with their stocking foots for sure. I have horror stories with Simms and Patagonia is almost as bad. Expensive and overly hyped.

Of course you might not fit in with the Simms tailgaters club as they blab and take up space at the trestle parking lot but who cares! You are already out of the elites circle by wearing bootfoots!

Although I can not argue the LL Bean warranty is the best I can't say there waders are. I'm about to return my third pair in four years. Stocking foot bootie leaks every time. Sure they replace no question, but you still have a wet foot a fee trips later.

Considering that I float almost ss much s I wade, i'm not really stressing the bootie to death..

Not sure what i'll replace with, but I think it will not be bean.
As far as the tailgater rubbish, it's just that.

Make sure you buy waders that fit. Too big and they'll wear out quickly. I'd recommend getting them in person from a fly shop because you can try them on. I bought all of my simms 2x g4s and 1x g3s at fly shops, not scouring the internet for the cheapest price. It just so happened the fly shop sold them to me for as cheap as anywhere I found online. Weird how that works. Sometimes when you're loyal to a fly shop they take care of you.

The simms look really sweet with my 1980s rods and reels and most importantly chicks dig them. Not everyone buys the best because it looks cool, some people buy the best because it's the best. I've tried a bunch and I prefer simms. I don't care about warranties because I don't believe in buying junk just because it will be replaced for free.

+1 for Rio Gallegos. Had the first generation zip up model for 6 years until my booties sprung a fairly bad leak and I sent them in for repair, but Patagonia sent me a gift card for about the price of new waders. Very satisfied and Patagonia truly stands behind their Iron Clad Guarantee.

Back