Passing of friends

So far as far as I know, anybody I could actually refer to as a fishing "friend" which I'll define as someone I fished with regularly are all alive and well. As matter of fact, I spent the entire day on a reservoir in a boat last Thursday with the guy I have been fishing with the longest (since my teens).

Musician friends are sadly another story... :(

So far as far as I know, anybody I could actually refer to as a fishing "friend" which I'll define as someone I fished with regularly are all alive and well. As matter of fact, I spent the entire day on a reservoir in a boat last Thursday with the guy I have been fishing with the longest (since my teens).

Musician friends are sadly another story... :(
I feel you; losing more and more musician friends.

My boy Andy (on left) was a great companion in the woods and on trout streams. Of all my boys he really took to flyfishing at an early age, about 12. He fished Penns and streams up that way with me and a lot on our local streams. He tied flies too. I occasionally find one of his flies in in of my old boxes. I still have his fly rod. He died in a car accident right after his 15th birthday. Made the mistake of getting in a car with the wrong group of people.View attachment 1641236632
Man, that's a tough one.
My condolences

Every once in a while, I think about some of the older guys that were on here from 15 plus years ago and wonder if they’re still out there.

OR owl- what is your book?

Every day I stop myself multiple times a day and thank the Lord for my life and my family , including my 9 and half year old lab. Lil happens to be the world’s greatest dog. There will be many tears someday.
Tributaries

Why didn’t I know about this earlier?? Must not have been paying attention. I love the little excerpts from your book. I too get reflective etc and also relate to the “titles”.

When I’m out on a foray near or far, think of things that happen during an outing and in my mind they quickly are turned into like a title or a chapter. Something like “purity” or “in between houses”for example.

Anyway can’t wait to read it.

Lost touch with the guy who introduced me to the Catskills. He passed many years ago but was like an uncle.

Growing up locally and being a nuisance at their fly shop, the Clouser family was always wonderful to me. Bobby was rushed away in an ambulance Fri. Got a text update but it's been 36 hours since I heard anything.

We are all going to get to the finish line some day. 10 or 20 years ago, wasn't even a thought in the back of my mind. Now, I realize that there are only so many hatch seasons that I'm going to be around for. More and more often, hear of people I went to school with being gone. Enjoy every minute you get because there's no guarantee for tomorrow

Dear Oregon Owill,

So, you are the artist formerly known as Lou Wentz-ski in the olden days of Jeff F on PAFF?

I remember you from 20 plus years ago! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
Yes, and to jog your memory a bit more, we spent some time together on a cabin deck overlooking Penns Creek after a fishing expedition and the wedding ceremony of Jeff and Shelby performed by Chaz. I forget who owned the cabin, but I think it was a relative of Jeff, and it was kind of a reception. But yeah, that was 20 years ago, for sure.

Lost touch with the guy who introduced me to the Catskills. He passed many years ago but was like an uncle.

Growing up locally and being a nuisance at their fly shop, the Clouser family was always wonderful to me. Bobby was rushed away in an ambulance Fri. Got a text update but it's been 36 hours since I heard anything.

We are all going to get to the finish line some day. 10 or 20 years ago, wasn't even a thought in the back of my mind. Now, I realize that there are only so many hatch seasons that I'm going to be around for. More and more often, hear of people I went to school with being gone. Enjoy every minute you get because there's no guarantee for tomorrow

Sorry to hear about Bobby. He was a staple in at Bass Pro in Harrisburg after they closed the shop. Keep us updated if you can.

I spent a lot of time at their shop too and really respect those guys. I still have a few packs of dubbing that say Clouser Fly Shop on them. Bob Sr. really was helpful when I was getting started. I chatted with Bobby at Bass Pro a few years ago. Hope things turn out well.

Sorry to hear about Bobby. He was a staple in at Bass Pro in Harrisburg after they closed the shop. Keep us updated if you can.

Bobby was released but is now back in. Most of the information is promising. Hopefully he is back on his feet in a few days. Lancaster fly show 2023 with the 2 guys that always helped me when learning fly fishing...
40+ years after I first met them at a "learn to tie flies" class at the Middletown fire hall.

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_141042133.jpg
    IMG_20230304_141042133.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 26
Bobby was released but is now back in. Most of the information is promising. Hopefully he is back on his feet in a few days. Lancaster fly show 2023 with the 2 guys that always helped me when learning fly fishing...
40+ years after I first met them at a "learn to tie flies" class at the Middletown fire hall.

It sounds like things are looking up. I'd say you had some good teachers. Thanks for the update.

Back