Para Adams

• Thread starter FishingCreekEmerger
  • Start date
Phil you make an excellent point about the Patriot.

Quills on an Adams, that's curious. I use attractors all the time and do very ewll with them, hardly ever use an adams though. I suppose that it's because if I see mayflies hatching I match the hatch.
And yes the Adams is an attractor.

Note of correction.

Cree was not the original grizzly. Back when I started tying in the mid-1960's grizzly was commonly called Plymouth Rock. I've always known cree as cree.

OldLefty wrote:
Note of correction.

Cree was not the original grizzly. Back when I started tying in the mid-1960's grizzly was commonly called Plymouth Rock. I've always known cree as cree.

Makes sense. For those of you who do not know, grizzly hackle comes from a Plymouth Rock chicken (which I have several of).

Yes I was aware of that also. I can't for the life of me remember where I picked that up. Im kind of glad for this thread now. I won't repeat my previous statement anymore.

Cree was harder then to get than now. Cree was a throw off of trying to breed a good grizzly cape back in the day. I only got one from my birds in the 70's. now a days it seems easier to get cree.

the wing of your flies makes it almost look like a quigley style fly, wich i am a big fan of. great ties man!

Thanks! Wasn't Bob Quigly the hay stacker guy that passed not to long ago?

I've been tying a lot of my nymphs with polish quills. They come in a variety of different colors and show the banding a lot better then regular stripped peacock quills. I get mine from Performance Flies. About twenty quills come in a pack for about six bucks. I like brown, olive, natural and green.

that is correct. they actually featured him and some of his most famous flies in Fly Tyer magazine a few months ago.

BlkLgbEaDheAd09 wrote:

that is correct. they actually featured him and some of his most famous flies in Fly Tyer magazine a few months ago.

Hackle stacker.

Hackle Stacker ftw

Jim "haystacks" Calhoun was a famous wrestler and possible fly fisherman.

I remember Haystacks, going back a bit arent we. :p

Y'all really do need to fish...soon.

Yes hackle stackers that's it not haystacker.

ok, dumb question...what material is used for the wing?

Hackle

told you it would be a dumb question. thanks becker. i didn't think that he trimmed the hackle the first time i looked at it.

Back