Pantyhose as Tick Protection

DGC

I feel like I have been playing Russian Roulette with lyme disease. Started looking at the Under Armour and Bug Skin stuff. Hits me that pantyhose would be about the same and much less expensive.

Anyone willing to admit they have either tried them or use them currently. And if so, are they durable enough or will they shred during a day trip of bushwacking, fishing?

Brand preferences too would be helpful. I suppose size would be the other puzzle to solve.

Any other pros or cons appreciated.

I realize some humor may come of this but the health risks are worth it.

Thanks

So that's why I've never picked up a tick....

Calling Joe Willy Namath :hammer:

My new excuse for cross dressing thanks! Never know when the dog brings one in the house.

All joking aside I agree with you on the seriousness of the diseases they transmit. and even if you cut "sleeves" out of them I think you are on to something. I would not be opposed to your suggestion. However, I also suggest you use permaton which is located in the camping section at wally world. I'm sure it will cause me health problems later in life but it's gotta beat lyme disease.

It takes 24 hours for a deer tick to transmit lyme. So that gives you some time after fishing to inspect yourself and pick them off. I think we are having a hug increase in the dog tick population this year, and myself and everyone I talk to is getting dog ticks on them and not deer ticks. Deer ticks are smaller, and harder to spot. They may be out there to in big numbers-who knows.

When anglers wear pants, tuck the pants, wear long sleeves, hat- the whole nine yards, the ticks crawl up your clothing to your neck, and either crawl into your scalp, or fall down your shirt into the lower back and then fall into the waist, and below, or crawl into the arm pits.
If you have a lot of hair, the small deer ticks are very hard to find in the scalp, so you really have to pull your finger nails over the whole scalp, in an attempt to dislodge and drown them in the shower.

After showering, keep running your hands over your scalp, feeling for their bodies.

As for brand, it's a toss up between Simms Super Shear and the Orvis Oh My's. Of course some guys just love their PataGuccis.

I have heard that some guys swear that panty houses are a great base layer for cold weather.

Back