Paflyfish Spring Jamboree May 16-18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Paflyfish Spring Jamboree is the annual spring meet-up when members from the site get together to fly fish, tie flies, camp and share a few stories. We have folks coming from Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida. We have a lot of fun fishing over some of Pennsylvania's finest streams including Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Little Juniata River (Little J), Fishing Creek and plenty more in the region.

Csoult and BikerFish hanging at Penns Creek

This year is no exception and members from the forum are making plans to meet the weekend of May 16-18, 2014 at Seven Mountains Campground in Spring Mills, Pennsylvania. Please contact them if you would like to stay there that weekend. They have a limited number of cabins and campsites.

I am hoping to plan more activities specific to new fly fishing anglers. I am working on casting lessons, fly tying and even a few trips out on to some of the waters in the area. There are a lot of members on the site that will informally help folks out not familiar with the area. Just check the forums and don't be afraid to ask for some help.

Maurice and Fishidiot on the Little J

The pavilion is rented by Paflyfish and is used as a meeting point during the weekend. Plenty of impromptu conversations, fly tying and meet-ups all take place.

Friday, May 16th
Jam attendees often start arriving throughout the day if they haven't arrived earlier in the week. Stop by after 3:00PM to help or meet others trying to get back out on the water before dark.

Saturday, May 17th
Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion

Saturday morning we will likely arrange for some of the beginner programs.

Fire Ring at the pavilion around dark. Will will be working on some more plans like a chili cook-off and other evening activities. Quiet hours may be a factor.

Sunday, May 18th
Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion.

In addition to the expected fly fishing opportunities; authors, fly shop owners, and other experts are usually in attendance and provide a lot of great knowledge at the evening gatherings. Follow the latest details in the forum here.

2492.jpg

Afish night fly fishing on Penns Creek

I'll run and updated post with details this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back