Paflyfish Giving Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Maurice,
I'm gonna' tie some of them and try them out, but do I have to say WhoGAGA everytime I cast to make them work?

Last edited:
Maurice
Um, its WhoGARA and you only need to say it if you are shunned for catching all the fish in the stream. :-D

Last edited:
L
Good to read a story about Muddy Creek. I miss the river hills,
Spencer Run, Tom's Creek, and the others in S. York. Good wild
fish here in the Lehigh Valley, but it's not nearly as peaceful. If
you get a chance, come East to the Little Lehigh, Saucon, or
Bushkill Creeks.
Lee Creyer

Last edited:
R
Maurice: Good article, will tie some up this winter. You may remember me, met you and Dave K. at Boiling Springs a few years back. Take it easy on the green weinies, it is how I made my reputation (pretty sad)...and I'm not sure sure about the chartreuse legs; given any thought to making the whole fly chartreuse. Ron

Last edited:
Maurice
Stumbled upon your post Ron....I remember. I believe you had some other contraband flies in that box too that day. Haha :lol:

Last edited:
DaveKile
Personally this year has been challenging one for me and have a lot to be thankful for. Paflyfish is always a good place for me to get myself grounded. Contributions by so many on the site make it a very successfully community.

After eighteen years, Paflyfish has a lot to be thankful for and the moderators lead in those efforts. Maurice, JackM, Fishidiot and Afishinado contribute in so many ways, most are never seen by the site. Their contributions go way beyond fixing posts, handling disputes or cleaning up a few skirmishes that ensue on occasion. They provide a lot guidance and important community direction that helps make sure things running smoothly.

There are a lot of other folks on the site that share their time to help out others learn more about fly fishing. Giving back comes in many forms including: conservation efforts, political involvement, teaching new anglers or volunteering with programs like Wounded Warriors. My friends Ron and Greg dragged me all over Northern Pennsylvania for years as I floundered figuring out what fly fishing was all about. Their patience and coaching really helped me develop an interest in the sport and is what inspired me to create the web site.

Many readily give back and contribute to the site. I really want to thank Heritage Angler for his efforts putting together the PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree and PAFF Instructional Jamboree. Both of these events focus on helping new anglers learn more about the fundamentals of fly fishing. Plenty of others including: Frederick, Fishidiot, Foxgap239, The_Sasquatch and Krayfish put together a variety of jams all over the region that invite new fly fishing anglers to the sport.

I am always blown away with members like Csoult and his support of the site as he donated of the beautiful hand-made wooden rod cases at this years Spring Jam. There are plenty more examples and sorry I am not able to cover them all. Paflyfish gives back as well with support to the Youth Rivers Fly Fishing Camp in 2013 and will be supporting additional worthwhile causes next year too.

As the site has grown over the years and support by sponsors has helped keep our web presence strong and many of our activities going. We are fortunate to have Allen Fly Fishing, Harman's North Fork Cottages, Montana Angler Fly Fishing, Gogal Publishing, Trident Fly Fishing, The Sporting Gentleman, Risen Fly and Shadow Fly Fishing support the site.

I realize there are a lot of places people can spend their time. I want to thank you and those mentioned for contributing to Paflyfish.

Stay Healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back