PA watershed Projects

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Some good work being done for watersheds / streams / rivers in all parts of PA.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/329101-2/

Hum...nothing in Clinton or Potter and one minor project in Lycoming. Not much benefitting my area. Kinda disappointed.

Our TU chapter has worked on at least 15 projects over the years, that we initiated with landowners, to improve habitat on Perkiomen Creek and it's tributaries. We have another coming up where a dam was removed that is bank restoration. Volunteers are welcome to learn more about it. Send me a PM.

Big John, there is a ton of work that has/ is being done in Clinton, Potter, Tioga and Lycoming counties. There are many other funding sources for some of these projects. Amd treatment systems are abundant in Clinton and Tioga county. There is a project proposed that should improve the Tioga river going into to the lake enough to be able to support aquatic life. Millions of dollars have been spent on treatment systems on kettle creek. The west branch from lock haven upstream is improving rapidly, and fishes quite well for smb. Tons of work is being put into all four counties in identifying culverts and crossings that block fish passage and then replacing them. I'm aware of many fencing and riparian projects in Clinton co especially in the fishing Creek/ cedar run watershed. The work being done is much greater than receiving growing greener funding.

lycoflyfisher wrote:
Big John, there is a ton of work that has/ is being done in Clinton, Potter, Tioga and Lycoming counties. There are many other funding sources for some of these projects. Amd treatment systems are abundant in Clinton and Tioga county. There is a project proposed that should improve the Tioga river going into to the lake enough to be able to support aquatic life. Millions of dollars have been spent on treatment systems on kettle creek. The west branch from lock haven upstream is improving rapidly, and fishes quite well for smb. Tons of work is being put into all four counties in identifying culverts and crossings that block fish passage and then replacing them. I'm aware of many fencing and riparian projects in Clinton co especially in the fishing Creek/ cedar run watershed. The work being done is much greater than receiving growing greener funding.

Yeah but I'm greedy lol I always want more!

Couple in my county, one near my woodland. One actually affects my cousins farm (for the better).

Back