PA Stocking Schedule Released

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Pennsylvania trout stocking schedule released by Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission

http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/2015/02/pennsylvania_trout_stocking_sc.html#incart_river

Schedules:

http://fbweb.pa.gov/stocking/TroutStockingDetails_GIS.aspx

Yes, my rusted stringer is available to the first PMer !

Let the Madness Begin.

This also serves as a guide for "Places to Avoid"

Have a Nice Day...

Finally, there will be fish in the creeks!!!!

I used to live in Grantville. I'd fish the Quittie on opening day with a tan 18 EHC and catch/release in front of the Powerbaiters and crawler haulers - great fun for a young man into full contact combat fishing! Some other disdainful terms used for the bait bunch were: Cornstormers, bank yank gang, and Minnie flingers. Ahh those were the days (late 80's if you really wanna know)

"The commission also will stock about 8,500 trophy golden rainbow trout that weigh an average of 1.5 pounds and measure at least 14 inches in length."

Lightning Trout! Ima get me one of those.

"Palameenuhs" daen't eat nuthin McSneek! Ya hafta snag 'Em with a #2 Roostertail. Then let em rot on the stringer so's Ya can throw em away after they git freezer burn.

JG63...That is not true. I got one on a dry fly at Nashiminy Creek a couple years back.

The most important aspect I found was fishing during the week where they are not as pressured. And placing the fly gently in front of them.

Interesting...I've been known to sling bait once in a while. I guess I have finally been informed of my true identity

Let us be careful that we don't allow ourselves to slip into that disdainful definition many of our fellow fishermen apply to the stereotypical fly fisher.

Further, I know of many streams which are very popular with fly fishers that would not be worth casting a fly into if it weren't for hatchery originated fish.

Notice the term "were" being used. I used to think I was "holier than thou" regarding bait fisherman. Truth is they can probably out fish lots of fly guys in the presentation department. Got nothin but respect for conservation minded anglers who wisely use the resource (even if they take a few home).

clarification noted, appreciated and much respected.

Back