PA Fishing License

FlyfishermanJ wrote: "I'm curoius about the new system also? I have a part-time job at a store that sells licenses, and when we went to the computer generated license last year, we were informed that the number on your license will be the number that you will have for the rest of your fishing days. so if your number is 3366, when you buy a license this year your # will be 3366 again. Has anyone bought a 2008 license yet, and does it have the same #?"

Nope, I purchased on-line in 2007 & 2008, and have a different number this year.

mute and all-

tom is right

if you did not have a erie stamp it makes more sense to buy next years license with the stamps since it is good from dec. 1 2007 to dec. 31st 2008

afish,

Thanks, I really didn't think that it was going to work that way.😎

JH

tomgamber wrote:
I remember a few years ago it was jan 1st and you couldn't buy a license a lot of days and new years day fell on a weekend. That was pretty messed up. I went fishing anyway.

Mute wrote:
Hmm, well no apparently its cheaper if you buy the 2008 license in december then waiting until its actually 2008 to get it.

License didn't go on sale a couple years ago the first of December because they were too late getting the license increase.

The cost is the same rather you get in December or wait until after the new year. They are valid Dec 1 to Dec 31 of following year (Dec 1, 2007 to Dec 31, 2008). Always been that way that I remember.

Thanks, I forgot WHY it happened, I just remember the weather unexpectedly was nice on the 1st and I decided to go fishing and no one had licenses to sell.

Back