PA Angler Awards program

S

springer1

Has anyone else found out that PA stopped their Angler Awards program ….. maybe I’m in the drak and missed that announcement.

I've been buying a non-resident license ever since I moved to MD. I never knew there was such a program.

Has anyone else found out that PA stopped their Angler Awards program ….. maybe I’m in the drak and missed that announcement.
From linked article:

Congratulations to the winners of the 2022 Biggest Fish Awards (posted 5/15/23). In an effort to highlight more of your big catches, the PFBC is moving away from Biggest Fish Awards beginning in 2023. Anglers may still apply to the PA State Record Fish program. Share your big catches with us through:

• Cast & Caught: Submit photos
  • Web and Social Media: Email your picture and story,

Last edited:
So it’s only to apply for a state record, not for the traditional Angler awards they provided for fish meeting the Award criteria per species ?

Years ago in the early 1990s my two sons and I all caught "citation" sized Rock Bass from the Susquehanna. I cannot recall how big they were but we had to take them to a registered scale to be weighed. We received paper certificates in the mail from fish comm.

Back