P-Line anyone?

bigslackwater

bigslackwater

I bought some 6lb and 8lb for my spinning rods. This stuff is in unbelievably strong...almost unbreakable. I used the 6lb for fly tippet the other day while going after largemouth. Only problem I had was getting snagged while on our boat...I couldn't break off the fly...I actually pulled us to the submerged log I was stuck on and ended up cutting the leader. I see they make a 4lb flourocarbon. I'm wondering how it would work for tippet for larger trout.

I've used P-Line before steelhead fishing as a leader(spin fishing) once or twice. It worked fine and caught fish. I think I used in in 4 or 6lb.

From what I understand is it's not 100% fluorocarbon, but a "fluorocarbon coated" monofilament. At least the stuff I used. Either way I think it would work just fine as tippet material.

I actually find myself using Seaugar(or however you spell it) fluorocarbon a lot for my tippet fly fishing. I use it in 8lb streamer fishing, bass, carp, and steelhead fishing. Works great. I've even used the 8lb test during low water in medium sized stocked trout streams and caught fish. No need for 7x tippet LOL.

I use 10lb p line when throwing streamers. The stuff has been awesome so far.

I use the 8# Pline Flouracarbon for tippet Salmon fishing on the SR and have no problem landing fish.It is strong and cheap!

I've been using P-Line 100% fluorocarbon, 2# test for 8 months months as tippets when fish midges and small nymphs. I find it to be very supple and fairly abrasion resistant. Streamerguy: P-Line has coated fluoro but they also sell 100 % fluoro, that's what I have. I also use their 4 pound test fluoro when fishing larger stuff and when building leaders.

For those anglers using fluoro, the price is right.

8 pound tippet for landing kings and cohos? That's impressive and you must have been trained by a Jedi like Becker.

Dude it's P-Line! The OP dragged his boat around on 6lb test!

Well it was only a 10' pelican boat, however, we were anchored and I managed to pull the boat and said anchor until it got snagged. It was a comical moment if anyone was watching!

krayfish wrote:
8 pound tippet for landing kings and cohos? That's impressive and you must have been trained by a Jedi like Becker.

Becker and I both learned how to fish on the mighty Jordan,fighting those stockies hone you for the Kings on the SR :)

Back