Outdoor Show worthless for fly fisherman

what I would like to see is the state council TU sponsor a booth at major outdoor events and even sporting events throughout the year.

this can be done in participation with the PFBC and IFFF if they want to. This kind of cross promoting and cooperation could lead to increased license sales and increased participation in our sport and increased awareness of the conservation work of TU.

It's a win win win if you ask me but I have yet to see where our state council is taking the initiative to help grow sport and reach out to new groups. I understand the conservation side is sexier because of the over romanticized David and Goliath battle with big energy but we also need to grow our base and I think there are ways to do that economically working with other like minded groups.

Now if the state council has something in place that I missed I apologize for being critical but I don't think they do.

In anycase, you are all right about the volunteer hours. you only get so many of them. Not everyone dedicates their time to trout like the people we are familiar with on here. Whoever said we are a rare breed was right, there might be other words for it too. But hey, if you are on here and you are not a part of TU you should give it a try. it's not perfect but it is definitely an organization that fights for our fisheries.

Back